Tab A 10 Samsung Magnetic Field

Reaction score
Back last year 2018 I wanted a larger viewing screen for my P4P.
Went to BB the 9" was to wide but the 10" was just right. So I bought it.
Got everything updated, downloaded ready to rock and fly away...
Worked great video was awesome and so on. But I packed everything up in my case along with tab(tight fit).
After couple weeks pulled out going to fly down all 5 batteries. Kept getting magnetic field on compass1, a real pain in my tail feathers. Did all kinds of things to correct issues.
After a few hours later finely no compass issues. All was great.
In my office I started setting drone beside the controller with tab attached to it hooked up ready to go. The side of tab would slightly touch the drone no problem, right. Nope not right.
Next time went out to fly couple days later same thing, magnetic field compass1. Keeping to bylaws of this forum I can not say what I said, but you could imagine. So repeat same steps as last time couple hours later ready to go. This process will repeat it self about 5 to 6 times. My interest in flying my P4P was always going to be an issue. Until couple weeks back I took my tab to work setting at my desk it's an old steel type desk with the top slide out things on each side. I was going to charge my tab, when i went to pick it up that's when I discovered it has a magnetic back on it, that will stick to side of a steel desk.
There's my problem all along.
I'm should have probably not made this so long but some may not understand, sorry for the length. So if your looking at a Samsung Tab A10 works great just keep away from your drone atall times.
So happy flying...

Back last year 2018 I wanted a larger viewing screen for my P4P.
Went to BB the 9" was to wide but the 10" was just right. So I bought it.
Got everything updated, downloaded ready to rock and fly away...
Worked great video was awesome and so on. But I packed everything up in my case along with tab(tight fit).
After couple weeks pulled out going to fly down all 5 batteries. Kept getting magnetic field on compass1, a real pain in my tail feathers. Did all kinds of things to correct issues.
After a few hours later finely no compass issues. All was great.
In my office I started setting drone beside the controller with tab attached to it hooked up ready to go. The side of tab would slightly touch the drone no problem, right. Nope not right.
Next time went out to fly couple days later same thing, magnetic field compass1. Keeping to bylaws of this forum I can not say what I said, but you could imagine. So repeat same steps as last time couple hours later ready to go. This process will repeat it self about 5 to 6 times. My interest in flying my P4P was always going to be an issue. Until couple weeks back I took my tab to work setting at my desk it's an old steel type desk with the top slide out things on each side. I was going to charge my tab, when i went to pick it up that's when I discovered it has a magnetic back on it, that will stick to side of a steel desk.
There's my problem all along.
I'm should have probably not made this so long but some may not understand, sorry for the length. So if your looking at a Samsung Tab A10 works great just keep away from your drone atall times.
So happy flying...
Yep there's a few magnetic devices around like this,I use tab A s pen 2016 10/1" and 8",,I fly with the 10/1 all the time and never a issue for me,I think they put those in cause it so heavy it get hard to hold,,holds my beer bottle opener on back good which comes handy but Yeh no issues for me,,I go find a post from past

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Can't find my previous post so this one tab a6 ,mine like this but no trouble with any app,or close to me drones
Screenshot_20190306-143725.jpg

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Aaaah! I just bought an Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T530N 16GB, Wi-Fi, 10.1in for my P4P. It's visual thing at my age. My intentions were to store it in the P4P case.

Thru experience with several P3's I have found that a good healthy magnet near the compass, will cause it to go Caddy Wampus.

Does anybody know if the Galaxy Tab 4 10" have magnets in the back of it?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor