Switching from Mac to PC with same Phantom

Reaction score
So I'm trying to downgrade my firmware, which I have to do on a PC because I can only find old versions of the firmware for PC. I normally work on a Mac and that's all my Phantom 2 has ever been connected to. When I tried to connect it to the PC with the older version of the Software assistant, the Phantom would not connect. Does anyone know of any reason why this might be the case? Will the Phantom not talk to a PC once it's been connected to a Mac. It doesn't seem like that would be the case, but I can't figure out what it might be. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

efoote77 said:
So I'm trying to downgrade my firmware, which I have to do on a PC because I can only find old versions of the firmware for PC. I normally work on a Mac and that's all my Phantom 2 has ever been connected to. When I tried to connect it to the PC with the older version of the Software assistant, the Phantom would not connect. Does anyone know of any reason why this might be the case? Will the Phantom not talk to a PC once it's been connected to a Mac. It doesn't seem like that would be the case, but I can't figure out what it might be. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

I may be misunderstanding what you're doing... But an old version of the assistant would likely not recognize a newer firmware phantom....

Yep... Didn't have the drivers installed. Coming from a Mac, I wasn't familiar with that step. Thanks for the suggestions.

efoote77 said:
Yep... Didn't have the drivers installed. Coming from a Mac, I wasn't familiar with that step. Thanks for the suggestions.

don't worry not the first or last (i did the same)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl