Switch to FCC mode in Europe, and fly miles instead of just 300 meters with P3SE

Thanks , and what is your best range test? I know on app litchi we dont have a choice for choose 2,4 or 5,8
You can see the video in 9.th post of this topic. The range was 3480 meters with 5,8 Ghz.

Edit:
Wrong statement from me:
"With Litchi you can choose betwheen 2.4 and 5 GHz, if your device support both."

Last edited:
Hi,
I’m new to the forum and i’ve a P3SE with just a couple hours of fly.
I was thinking about this mod but just to fly with more “security” (don’t know if its the right term [emoji3]) because i have very often problems with lost signal at distance not over 200 meters and the drone start RTH.

I’ve read the procedure and i’d like ti know if will work with iPad Pro, somebody know?
I also have a iPhone 6s but i’d prefer to use the iPad.

Thanks!
Vale
Yes, sure. Every Apple device wich has at least A8 processor, and at least 2GB RAM works well with Litchi.
iPad Pro is more then enough. But the screen is to big, you can not put it on the consol of controller.

You can see the video in 9.th post of this topic. The range was 3480 meters with 5,8 Ghz.
With Litchi you can choose betwheen 2.4 and 5 GHz, if your device support both.

I use iPhone 6s with litchi and i dont have this settings

With Litchi it is indeed not possible to change frequency. Anyway, that is possible with DJI Go. Of course it depends on which firmware you use. If you use 1.5.40 then it is possible on iOS but when you use 1.3.20 it is not possible on iOS.

The advantage of the original version 1.3.20 is that I continue to fly in FCC.

Sorry, really, even I have done the switch with DJI Go app.

The advantage of the original version 1.3.20 is that I continue to fly in FCC.
Witch app do you use with 1.3.20 FW?

On android every version of DJI Go app switched me back to CE mode despite of using fw 1.3.20

Last edited:
A question then I find my videos on my iPhone with lychee but not my pictures what do I do thanks

Witch app do you use with 1.3.20 FW?

On android every version of DJI Go app switched me back to CE mode despite of using fw 1.3.20

At the moment I use DJI Go 3.1.18 for iOS. But I have read on 4PDA that the downgrading of firmware 1.5.40 to 1.3.20 does not prevent the apps from switching back to CE mode. User @nikonorovv has a lot of knowledge of this problem. See also this topic.

I never updated myself to firmware 1.5.40. And probably will not do it either because it caused a lot of misery for many very respected users of the P3SE.

Have you ever considered trying it with DJI Go 3.1.8 for iOS? You can find it here on the site.

Have you ever considered trying it with DJI Go 3.1.8 for iOS? You can find it here on the site.
Hi, no, I'm new on IOS, and doesn't know which way I would be able to install an app which comes from outside of appstore.
I installed fw 1.5.40 many time, but newer caused me any problem. My suspect is, that the main problem with this firmware is, that it prevents drone to stay mistakenly in FCC mode in Europe, which was a case for many P3SE device before. My SE switched to CE mode on the first switch on, so I had to learn fly further then 100 meters in CE mode, so the upgrade doesn't had any negative effect for me.
But it's true, I can not stay in FCC mode with none of non modded DJI Go apps over 3.1.8.

Yes, sure. Every Apple device wich has at least A8 processor, and at least 2GB RAM works well with Litchi.
iPad Pro is more then enough. But the screen is to big, you can not put it on the consol of controller.

Thanks.
I actually use that iPad in the controller and it enter the consol perfectly, just 1mm more and i wouldn’t enter [emoji3].

I’ve 2 “stupid” questions, hope this is the right topic.
I’m not expert and i’d like to know the procedure to “change” the firmware of the app and on the bird.
I’ve seen the link with the files but i don’t know how to downgrade.
Someone can explaine me or gave me a link with instructions/procedure?
Do i have to download files from a PC o directly with iPhone and iPad?

Thanks

Thanks.
I actually use that iPad in the controller and it enter the consol perfectly, just 1mm more and i wouldn’t enter [emoji3].

I’ve 2 “stupid” questions, hope this is the right topic.
I’m not expert and i’d like to know the procedure to “change” the firmware of the app and on the bird.
I’ve seen the link with the files but i don’t know how to downgrade.
Someone can explaine me or gave me a link with instructions/procedure?
Do i have to download files from a PC o directly with iPhone and iPad?

Thanks
You can downgrade the firmware of the drone from SD card.
But why do you want to do a downgrade? I never heard about a problem of 1.5.40 which would be solved through firmware downgrade

If you want to downgrade the app on android just delete it, and reinstall the needed one

At the moment I use DJI Go 3.1.18 for iOS. But I have read on 4PDA that the downgrading of firmware 1.5.40 to 1.3.20 does not prevent the apps from switching back to CE mode. User @nikonorovv has a lot of knowledge of this problem. See also this topic.

I did not find there any information about the negative impact of the 1.5.40 software on the DJI Go 3.1.18 mod. for Android
Do you have any confirmed information that I should go to version 1.3.20 for better performance?

PhantomFlyer3SE - what kind of firmware are you currently using?
I use your advice. I installed 3.1.18mod FFC for Android, and I have 1.5.40 firmware. My problem occurred twice. After about 10 minutes of flight or the loss of range of applications freezes me. After RTH and Phantom return, I do not get a picture from the camera. I need to turn off DJI GO and restart. Then I have a preview.
Is the reason may be the firmware 1.5.40 or look for a problem with my phone.

I did not find there any information about the negative impact of the 1.5.40 software on the DJI Go 3.1.18 mod. for Android
Do you have any confirmed information that I should go to version 1.3.20 for better performance?

PhantomFlyer3SE - what kind of firmware are you currently using?
I use your advice. I installed 3.1.18mod FFC for Android, and I have 1.5.40 firmware. My problem occurred twice. After about 10 minutes of flight or the loss of range of applications freezes me. After RTH and Phantom return, I do not get a picture from the camera. I need to turn off DJI GO and restart. Then I have a preview.
Is the reason may be the firmware 1.5.40 or look for a problem with my phone.
I use fw 1.5.40
But @chatikib have never installed 1.5.40, so it is possible, that hi can stay in FCC mode without using modded app. Many drone loses this lucky ability at first installation of newest FW.

I sincerely doubt that the firmware changes only some part of the phantom inside. I doubt that during the 1.5.40 instances there are irreversible changes in it. Downgrade should clear all content and replace data in Phantom.

When I find the time, I will make downgrade to 1.3.20 with the setting left in FFC mode. and I will reinstall the new version of DJI GO again. We'll see what happens.

You can downgrade the firmware of the drone from SD card.
But why do you want to do a downgrade? I never heard about a problem of 1.5.40 which would be solved through firmware downgrade

If you want to downgrade the app on android just delete it, and reinstall the needed one

I’m having problem with reaching distance as far as 200meters and i’ve read that someone had this problem with that FW.
Image transmission get a lag After 100meters and sa far as 150/200 app say “signal lost”, aircraft disconnected and start RTH

I don‘ really know what to do and i’m demoralizing.
I’m not expert and i can’t understand what is the problem of my P3SE and what to do.

But i don’t want to pollute this topic with my problems; i think i’ll open a new topic for asking help.

Thank

I sincerely doubt that the firmware changes only some part of the phantom inside. I doubt that during the 1.5.40 instances there are irreversible changes in it. Downgrade should clear all content and replace data in Phantom.

When I find the time, I will make downgrade to 1.3.20 with the setting left in FFC mode. and I will reinstall the new version of DJI GO again. We'll see what happens.
No, you make an (understandable) fallacy. An upgrade of the firmware adds elements to the operating system and changes settings in the operating system. But does not replace an entire operating system.

In order to carry out your idea you will have to go back to the first basic firmware. But that is unfortunately not available.

Hi, no, I'm new on IOS, and doesn't know which way I would be able to install an app which comes from outside of appstore.
I installed fw 1.5.40 many time, but newer caused me any problem. My suspect is, that the main problem with this firmware is, that it prevents drone to stay mistakenly in FCC mode in Europe, which was a case for many P3SE device before. My SE switched to CE mode on the first switch on, so I had to learn fly further then 100 meters in CE mode, so the upgrade doesn't had any negative effect for me.
But it's true, I can not stay in FCC mode with none of non modded DJI Go apps over 3.1.8.
I'm making an instruction this weekend with accompanying links to the necessary programs to install apps on your iOS system yourself. That is possible without jailbreak.

If you check the russian forum, they always alerted the users for the Firmware 1.5.40

"Firmware 1.5.40 leads to limiting the radius of flight of less than 500 meters, constant video glitches; Reversing firmware does not help!"

If you check the russian forum, they always alerted the users for the Firmware 1.5.40

"Firmware 1.5.40 leads to limiting the radius of flight of less than 500 meters, constant video glitches; Reversing firmware does not help!"

Exactly my problem....low distance and image signal problem...than Aircraft disconnect and RTH...

What means “reversing firmware does not help”??
That also if i downgrade the FW to a previous version i will never go back to prevoius distances?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews