Swapping SD cards

Reaction score
The 8gb micro sd card that came with my standard fills up rather quickly so I wanted to swap out for a 64gb class 10 card. Are there any important files on the factory card that I need to transfer over to the new card, or can I pop out the old one, install the new one and fly?

Just pop the new one in and fly.

What kind of cards are they?

The Ultra is too slow. If going with SanDisk, you'll want at least the SanDisk Extreme. You can find a list of other commonly used memory cards here.

Last edited:
The Ultra is too slow. If going with SanDisk, you'll want at least the SanDisk Extreme. You can find a list of other commonly used memory cards here.

Thank you to the OP and thank you to msinger. I had exactly the same question about SD requirements because I filled my 8GB SD up, too. I wondered whether any files were required on the newer, larger card. This conversation has eliminated one more area where my knowledge needed help. All the pieces and parts worked here so nicely. Very cool.

Reactions: KCadby and dirkclod
I have a bunch of the San disc 64's that I use in my GoPro 4's, I had pretty good luck with transcend but never with the fast San discs

When planning on using a new SD card for the first time, I recommend using the Format option in the DJI GO app, just to make sure that the card is clean and that the device can read/write to the card okay. Especially if you've used the card in another computer first.

When planning on using a new SD card for the first time, I recommend using the Format option in the DJI GO app, just to make sure that the card is clean and that the device can read/write to the card okay. Especially if you've used the card in another computer first.

Excellent advice, always try to format the cards in the device their going to be living in

Matthew

On my p3s I bought a SanDisk 64gb sdxc ultra and it only shows invalid card. I have tried formatting on the dji go app and still shows invalid.

Had the same issue with scan disk 64gb. Could not format on go app. Had to return bought a Sony 64 cost a bit more but installed and worked didn't even need formatting.

On my p3s I bought a SanDisk 64gb sdxc ultra and it only shows invalid card. I have tried formatting on the dji go app and still shows invalid.
I don't know if it makes a difference, but I always format the cards in a gopro, not the drone, and not my computer. I don't know if the gopro wipes them clean or what, but I have formatted in pc, and drone, and come up with trash on the card. Like a freshly formatted card saying the card has no room, except when ots done in the gopro.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart