Sunhans amps....what kind do I need for DBS

Reaction score
Hello all I'm new here......I have a p3 standard with DBS mod and I'm looking to put amps on it wondering what I need I found some Sunhans on amazon but I'm not sure which ones to get any help would be much appreciated......thanks

The best ones are the gold ones because there tiny and can be powered off usb or really any voltage, i dont rememebr the exact voltage range but its something like 3-17v so you can run them off the internal battery if you wire it rather then using a usb bank if you wanted. you need 3 total, 2 2.4ghz and 1 5.8 ghz amp, they get quite pricey unfortunately. i have dbs and want to get them but its too much money for what the drone cost i think. it would make more sense to upgrade the drone with the cost of amps/weight/inconvenience.

The standard amp setup is one 5.8 ghz Sunhans and one 2.4 ghz sunhans. While it's true the controller has two 2.4 ghz transmitters, the logic is, the automatic switching will prefer the transmitter that has the amp, so it's not really necessary to have an amp on both 2.4 transmitters. You could do it, but then you have to buy and power three amps instead of two, and it may not have any benefit. No, it doesn't matter to which transmitter you connect the amp

What strength amp? Most distance guys have found the 2 watt or 2.5 watt amps to be great. Of course you'd be inclined to get a stronger one if you can, but it seems that stronger amps don't really add any distance.

To power them, fpvlr sells a dedicated battery designed specifically for the job: 12V dual lead battery 3000mah with charger

You also might take a look at anything maxxuav has to offer.

Hope this helps.

Here's my setup. Max so for 4089 meters (13,415 feet).
IMAG0268.jpg
IMAG0269.jpg Two 2.5w amps for the 2.4GHz and one 2w amp for the 5.8MHz. All Sunhans

Hello all I'm new here......I have a p3 standard with DBS mod and I'm looking to put amps on it wondering what I need I found some Sunhans on amazon but I'm not sure which ones to get any help would be much appreciated......thanks

Out of curiosity, what's the DBS mod not doing for you that is making you crave more power?

Out of curiosity, what's the DBS mod not doing for you that is making you crave more power?
The OP will reply himself I'm sure, but I'll respond myself as I have added amps to my DBS. Stock 1000m, with the DBS 2500m, and now with amps over 4000 meters. It's not just about the distance, but the quality of the signal within that range.

The OP will reply himself I'm sure, but I'll respond myself as I have added amps to my DBS. Stock 1000m, with the DBS 2500m, and now with amps over 4000 meters. It's not just about the distance, but the quality of the signal within that range.

Im lookin at the DBS mod as my range is horrible at ~50 meters. I bought mine secondhand and the previous owner had certainly been fooling around in the remote as the stock antenna is pretty ugly where it connects.

I may try replacing the antenna first before I drop the cash on the DBS.

Im lookin at the DBS mod as my range is horrible at ~50 meters. I bought mine secondhand and the previous owner had certainly been fooling around in the remote as the stock antenna is pretty ugly where it connects.

I may try replacing the antenna first before I drop the cash on the DBS.
Yes, I would agree with getting your setup working close to the range and quality before doing any mods. If your equipment has faults those should be address first. Now since your in the states in FAA mode you should be getting around 500 meters at least, and even more if your out in the country with little interference as a stock setup. The old owner might have messed up your RC by the sound of it.

Yes, I would agree with getting your setup working close to the range and quality before doing any mods. If your equipment has faults those should be address first. Now since your in the states in FAA mode you should be getting around 500 meters at least, and even more if your out in the country with little interference as a stock setup. The old owner might have messed up your RC by the sound of it.

Absolutely. I need to do more testing but I'm fairly confident that I can get it worked out

thanks for the awnsers guys....to awnser eatpasta s question....i havent gotten the dbs in the mail yet its on the way i have an argtek right now and that works good....but i just wanted to get the most out of it that i could, its pretty hilly around here in wisco so i was thinking i should just go all in or nothin while i have some extra cash plus I have two standards so I figured I'd leave the arg tek on one and the DBS with amps on the other one

Last edited:
I believe They increase the wifi, control, and video signals for longer distances and add some dbi from what I understand....correct me if I'm wrong

Reactions: Jimmers
821a7c0b015a475e52a2e3a43862de73.jpg

This is what I get from my P3S with ARGtek and could go further but as you see it RTH due to low battery.
If I get just shy of 4km (4000m) what would I get if I amped it.?
Would be nice to just have a solid connection out far, not worried about going any further then that.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

821a7c0b015a475e52a2e3a43862de73.jpg

This is what I get from my P3S with ARGtek and could go further but as you see it RTH due to low battery.
If I get just shy of 4km (4000m) what would I get if I amped it.?
Would be nice to just have a solid connection out far, not worried about going any further then that.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
That's great with a ARGtek w/o amps. You rarely hear of people getting that far on a ARGtek, sometimes on the DBS but not that one, really good. And your point of "solid connection out far" is my real point too, since us with the Standard always have issues with this. As for how much more on distance, that's a very open question. When you add amps you just don't know, it's really trial and error. But one thing I can tell you is they work much better out in a rural area, in a dense urban or suburban area you might not get any improvement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan