Successful P4 32 Channel Hack

Reaction score
So, I am in bliss again. Upon receiving my new P4 and putting it in the air, my video feed was completely unusable. May as well have not had a tablet there and just flying it around line of sight only. Kind of like back in the remote controlled helicopter days. What fun is that? Not much. Is it just me or is part of the fun of this whole Phantom thing being able to look at what your copter is looking at, from far away? Anyway, I had a P3P before this and would fly without any issues with no problem in the exact same area. Can someone explain that to me? I am happy now though. I selected channel 32 and went out 3000 ft. Clear as a bell! I do have the DBS Mod :) Am in in violation of my warranty now? Can I just delete the 32 channel file or does DJI have some way of knowing it was there?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

i dont think they would know unless you crashed while using the 32 channel setup. and i believe it is embedded in the go app itself and not recorded in the controller or aircraft.
just MHO tho

I have been struggling with this hack on my Phantom 4.
I have a 48 byte sized .dji.configs file but I read somewhere this file needs to be renamed for use with P4 and latest version of DJI GO 4?
Basically how did you get it to work please?

So....I do have the DBS Mod :) Am in in violation of my warranty now? Can I just delete the 32 channel file or does DJI have some way of knowing it was there?

Pretty sure DBS mod, as it involves opening the remote - means yeah- warranty void if you ever have return it all.

To answer my own question...
Most of the sources I have seen for the hack file supply it with the name dji.configs
i.e. No dot before the d
You need to ensure you rename the file to .dji.configs
I.e. Add the dot at the very start of the file name, it will then work.
As a side note, even if this is the first time you try this, if the file is correctly named you will be asked if you want to replace the existing (hidden) file and you should.
Just tested this on iPad mini 2 (windows iTunes) and DJI Go 4 version 4.0.5 (latest at time of posting) and the hack works fine.

Edit..
As an additional note, this hack only adds the channels. In order to use them you MUST change to Custom channel (click the HD icon at the top near the right) on your DJI Go hud and then you can manually select a channel (auto only works for channels 13-20).
If Custom is greyed out and won't let you select it, go to iPad setting, then general and near the bottom is Language & Region. In there change your region to USA. The Custom option will now work.
You can safely leave the region as USA as the only other side effect I have noticed is my Siri voice is now American rather than British

Last edited:
I have been struggling with this hack on my Phantom 4.
I have a 48 byte sized .dji.configs file but I read somewhere this file needs to be renamed for use with P4 and latest version of DJI GO 4?
Basically how did you get it to work please?
I did not have to rename anything. I just opened up my phones internal storage and placed the file where it said to place it. Within the DjiGo app. The file was supplied unzipped in a video on youtube. Here is the video.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Paul

Pretty sure DBS mod, as it involves opening the remote - means yeah- warranty void if you ever have return it all.
So, I kept my original remote intact. I bought a second remote and installed the mod. Still void?

Thanks!

Fly away is not possible, because when you lost the signal, your drone after few seconds stop still on air. The drone turn automatic in Gps mode ( you have to Pray do not lost a Gps signal, this is realy very dangerous). If you select a channel on manuale mode, you will can see the radio signal on your smartphone and make a change it before to have total lost.
Sorry my english, I'm a italian guy and my english is only on the road :).
I live on Italy and not have a 32 channel show in my app dji go4, because are setting by europeean law.
To can use 32 channel in Italy or Europe, I have to change on the smartphone my setting language, From ITALIANO to English Us. And the dji go 4 app work with all 32 channel and I can select on a manual mode... I can tell that if you use 32 channel in manual mode this not pregiudice your warranty and all is good and safety ( remember: your drone still on air and you can change the channel).
But change the channel in manual mode is only loser time... the system is perfect and the radio controller will make a automatic change of the best channel .
Change the channel on manual mode is better when you are at lot of people with a lot of same drone.
Only improvement is due the trassmission link....you will make a choise of the trasmission band and have a more and stabile image ( with more delay).
I hope you have understand my bad english, ciao

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan