Stupid beginner questions

Reaction score
I just bought my first drone the P4P. I have been flying ultralights for some time and thought I would try this out for fun.
First dumb question: Does this forum have a search function, so I don't have to ask really dumb stuff that has already been discussed? I did not seem to see one.
Secondly, and I know I am going to catch he** for this as I haven't gotten to the training videos yet ( Just wanted to turn it on, NO propellers on it yet) I have a good GPS signal in beginner mode but the alarm never shuts up, is there an acknowledge button or something to shut this thing up long enough to look at things?
Yeah I know I am jumping into things in the wrong order but I have to look things over don't I?

Does this forum have a search function, so I don't have to ask really dumb stuff that has already been discussed?
Yes. Click the magnifying glass icon at the top, right of this site to find the search box.

I have a good GPS signal in beginner mode but the alarm never shuts up
What kind of alarm are you referring to?

You mean people actually read the instructions! Maybe thats what I did wrong, course common sense should have prevented me from flying it in 50+mmph winds. Though I have never been accused of having any.

I have a good GPS signal in beginner mode but the alarm never shuts up
You need to be just a wee bit more specific on this "alarm" you are talking about.

Basically that is what it sounds like but coming from the controller. Comes on as the rotors are armed as ready for flight.
I see an alarm flag for rotor vibs or something (I forgot what it said) but it can be cleared from the screen but the alarm noise continues.
Again, the blades were not installed.

Make sure both controller sticks are centered. Mine did that once because the left stick was down. Once I centered it, it stopped that hellish noise. ;)

Reactions: btrussell
Reactions: Oso and Fly Dawg
It’s not a proximity alarm is it - are you in a clear area or in the house ?
I read through the manual last night and did not find anything that had me saying "that's it!". I was wondering if I was too close to objects, the house, porch rails etc. as I was on the front deck when I tried it. I think you hit it on the head. I will have to move out into a clear area and try it again.

OK I had time to spend with the Phantom today. I see what seems to cause the alarm. Turning on the transmitter before the drone causes the alarm and a little red status light by the battery charge lights to lite up. Even after they link up and I can control the drone the alarm will not stop. I have to turn off the transmitter and restart it (sometimes twice) to get it to link up without the alarm. I don't suppose there is a way to answer the alarm after they link up and are talking to one another?

So, you instantly hear the alarm as soon as your P4P remote controller is powered on?

So, you instantly hear the alarm as soon as your P4P remote controller is powered on?
Yes it comes on right away. I took it out today for my first try. I turned the drone on first this time and it still alarmed when I turned on the remote. Turned the remote off and back on and all was OK. Great first flight. It was very windy, I would not have flown my ultralight but the P4P was amazingly steady, I am impressed.

Is the alarm a beep-beep-beep-beep... sound with a flashing red light on the remote controller?

I believe the alarm you are hearing is annunciating the need for controls calibration. Press the controller icon, press start, follow the directions. Then press finish and the alarm goes away.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl