Stuck in a tree - motor obstruction warning

Reaction score
I was doing a Point of Interest around my home and I started to lower my altitude and there was an evergreen tree that is about 100 feet tall. The blades clipped the tree and it got caught in the tree with the motors running. I tried to climb but something was holding it. I pulled both stick in and down to turn off the motors and it worked. I was hoping that it would fall to the ground and I could recover it but now it is stuck in the tree about 115 feet off the ground wedged in there perfect with propellors facing up. I attempted to take off again but I get an error that says motor obstruction. Is there a way to override and hopfully start the engines so that I can hopfully shake it free form the tree?

Called the fire department and left them a voice mail explaining what happened. Not sure they can help but I cant ever get it replaced under my insurance if I cant recover it. (even if its in pieces)

Override what? The AC can't move whatever is obstructing the prop. Reoeated attempts to power up may see you with ending up with one or more fried ESC

Man I've got a few stuck in trees. I use a toy quad and fly a fishing line up to the limb the quad is stuck in. You have to fly it so that it has enough line over the limb so that the quad can fall to the ground without also getting stuck. I'll use the fishing line to pull up a small rope and use that to shake the limb till the quad falls. I've gotten quite good at it.

Reactions: Pharm
I keep a DoRK handy...my Drone Rescue Kit.

Fishing reel with a cone-shaped weight attached,
Slingshot to launch it over the limb, and
Roll of parachute cord to pull back over the limb,

Then shake the limb until the drone drops and do everything possible to catch it gently.

Takes about 10 minutes to retrieve them now. Getting good at it, unfortunately.

...I'll use the fishing line to pull up a small rope and use that to shake the limb till the quad falls. I've gotten quite good at it.
Spend a lot of time getting stuck in trees, do ya? ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl