STROBON Cree® LED Strobe Lights

I know this thread is a year old but boy am I glad I came across it. Just bought a P4Pro last week - my first DJI product - and today was the first time I wasn't flying fairly close in. Could not believe how often I lost the bird past a few football fields on this bright, partly cloudy day. I've been flying a Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon for several years and I've been able to see it out to around half a mile. It's a little larger than the P4Pro and the bottom/legs are black. Was afraid I was going to be very distance limited but I just ordered 2 red and 2 white strobes from @msinger and 4 of the Aerial-Pixel mounts. Was thinking of putting them at 45 degrees on each leg with the red ones in front. Hmm, maybe a black wrap on the bottom shell/legs would help too.

I know this thread is a year old but boy am I glad I came across it. Just bought a P4Pro last week - my first DJI product - and today was the first time I wasn't flying fairly close in. Could not believe how often I lost the bird past a few football fields on this bright, partly cloudy day. I've been flying a Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon for several years and I've been able to see it out to around half a mile. It's a little larger than the P4Pro and the bottom/legs are black. Was afraid I was going to be very distance limited but I just ordered 2 red and 2 white strobes from @msinger and 4 of the Aerial-Pixel mounts. Was thinking of putting them at 45 degrees on each leg with the red ones in front. Hmm, maybe a black wrap on the bottom shell/legs would help too.
Thanks I appreciate it! Your mounts will go out on Monday morning.

Reactions: tpallred
Reactions: tpallred
Finally got around to ordering 2 mounts from Aerial Pixel ....now that I'm addicted to night flying ;)
Thanks! They will ship in the morning.

Finally got around to ordering 2 mounts from Aerial Pixel ....now that I'm addicted to night flying ;)

Yes, there is something about flying at night.

These lights are great STROBON Cree® LED Strobe Light

This supplier is incredible STROBON Cree LED Strobe Light - Phantom Help

My $0.30 solution for mounting the STROBON Cree® LED Strobe Light.
IMG_20170719_215450.jpg
IMG_20170719_215606.jpg

I've received a lot of request from P3P and P3A owners that they want a mount too, Here is what I came up with, it works beautifully. However with the weird design that DJI did on the legs of the P3A and P3P they must be front or rear facing only, not side facing. The P4 version work side facing if you place them above the "Bulge" on the legs.

Reactions: Neon Euc
I've received a lot of request from P3P and P3A owners that they want a mount too, Here is what I came up with, it works beautifully. However with the weird design that DJI did on the legs of the P3A and P3P they must be front or rear facing only, not side facing. The P4 version work side facing if you place them above the "Bulge" on the legs.

Awesome. Can't wait to try them

Reactions: ryantrax
Just a short note @ryantrax to let you know my order of the 'before you ask' T shirts and strobon holders turned up for my P4. For the record the parcel took 25 days to get from Ohio to the bottom of south Western Australia.
The holders look schmick and I'm still laughing at the shirt. Off to town tomorrow to show the locals.

Just a short note @ryantrax to let you know my order of the 'before you ask' T shirts and strobon holders turned up for my P4. For the record the parcel took 25 days to get from Ohio to the bottom of south Western Australia.
The holders look schmick and I'm still laughing at the shirt. Off to town tomorrow to show the locals.
Wow 25 days! They sure put the snail in snail mail. Most of my International orders take less than 2 weeks! Sorry for the delay, Thanks for your order! Enjoy!

A
Wow 25 days! They sure put the snail in snail mail. Most of my International orders take less than 2 weeks! Sorry for the delay, Thanks for your order! Enjoy!
Actually apart from relying on Australia Post and being surprised from receiving the parcel, the hardest part was finding water for the horses whilst they unloaded the coach....
All good.

Reactions: dodoftwogirls
I'm not aware of any warranty offered by Flytron. I'll send you a replacement tomorrow morning.

That's awesome! I greatly appreciate the excellent customer service and will make sure to let others know you took care of me! I'm happy to send the other one back for confirmation if you desire.

Got my LED light mounts from Aerial Pixel and was finally able to get out and fly with them.... they look and fit great! Now to order the strobes....
8934c389fc874b7e5b2adf4aec07e529.jpg
a13e8a9498e898b10a0294a3f24bf86d.jpg

I use velcro to attach mine. 20 flights plus and still attached.View attachment 86569
I mounted mine with Velcro but found that I had to wrestle with the charging cable to plug into the charging port. I grabbed a couple of holders from @ryantrax and simply remove the holders as a job lot and charge them whilst I'm charging the battery, controller, goggles et al. Much neater set up and well made.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka