Strange

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else has had this problem:

My P4 was in the case and it just turned on by itself. Red and White lights blinking and it made the start up sound. And then it turned off??

Has anyone else experienced this??

Update:
Flew my P4 today after the mysterious turn on and it flew fine. I was worried about it since I did have the gimbal lock on when it turned on by its self. Really puzzling.

Update:
Flew my P4 today after the mysterious turn on and it flew fine. I was worried about it since I did have the gimbal lock on when it turned on by its self. Really puzzling.

I highly recommend not storing it with the battery installed for a multitude of reasons, but mainly (pro pilots, please correct me if I’m wrong!) because I’ve read in several forums that these drone batteries are not as stable as other types of rechargeable batteries, and they could potentially catch on fire.

There are a few options for proper storage of li-po batteries, either in a Lo-po battery charging bag, or a metal ammo can. Seeing as ammo cans are specific designed to safely contain live ammunition, I figured the ammo can would my best bet, as I’m in the hi desert, and don’t need any more fires out here.

dji shipped my phantom 4 to me with the battery installed in the drone. My XSP also came shipped with the battery installed in the drone.

So if Autel and dji dosent see it as a problem, then why should we?

I highly recommend not storing it with the battery installed for a multitude of reasons, but mainly (pro pilots, please correct me if I’m wrong!) because I’ve read in several forums that these drone batteries are not as stable as other types of rechargeable batteries, and they could potentially catch on fire.

There are a few options for proper storage of li-po batteries, either in a Lo-po battery charging bag, or a metal ammo can. Seeing as ammo cans are specific designed to safely contain live ammunition, I figured the ammo can would my best bet, as I’m in the hi desert, and don’t need any more fires out here.

Hmmm, my local hobby shop has about 300 or so lipos on the shelf at any given time. None are in ammo cans or bags nor have they ever been in the 12 or so years I’ve been shopping there and using them.

Where are the stories of all these battery issues while in storage and NOT associated with charging errors or physical trauma?

I’m not critiquing your personal safety habits but rather the notion that these batteries are somehow ‘time bombs’ or the like. They’re quite stable actually.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72