Strange Phantom 2 v2.0 Behavior

Reaction score
For users with long Phantom 2 flight experiences, have you ever encountered a situation where you let the quad go off and then leave it in a steady hover only to find out a few seconds later that it is slowly descending? It almost looks like it can't carry itself.

When hovering, i had to apply a bit of throttle to keep it from landing or crashing on the ground.
When moving forward or back, I had to apply a compensating amount of throttle to keep it from landing like a plane on the runway.

This was after I did another Adv IMU calib, though I don't think it had anything to do with it.

Before fligt:
P2, P.Assistant 3.6, all latest FW,Home Loc locked, Compass Dance done, Batt at 80%, Tx at 100%, Phantom Mode Tx. Any tips to get rid of this auto slow descent?

Flying in 3'Celsius no winds btw.

Does your Phantom 2 stay at a perfect hover, not descending slowly when you lift it off?

That aint right mate. Phantom should hover in one spot when you let go of controls. 2 things spring to mind, make sure controller is properly calibrated and is you battery knackered?

Calibrations have been done before take off. IMU, Tx, Batt at 100% charge: 99% life. So I can't seem to figure out why it would slowly descend.

Have you changed the gains ?

Just the vertical gain as suggested by people at the DJI forum. I'm at 175% Vert at the moment and it still slowly descends. I watched youtube videos of people flying their drones as close as 5-10 feet of the ground and it hovers steady.

You should not need to change the gains for normal use.
I would start by putting all gains back to factory settings and then deciding if you have a problem or not.

Just thought I'd update this thread.. So I sent the Phantom back to DJI and after approx 1 month, its on its way back to me now. Apparently, the main controller had to be replaced as it was defective. They did a test flight and said that everything is flying smoothly now. I will test it when it gets here. Finally, I can install the FPV setup that I ordered since last year.

I believe a foud what is wrong, the battery is causing this failure, even fully charged it thinks is in a critical level performing an emergency landing. you must go to the app and deselect the option Go-home on djiassistent/advanced/battery. It works for me

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl