Still Pictures on P4

Thank you for your help. A typical example is

That's also a great example where an ND filter would have saved some otherwise awesome footage. Your shutter speed is WAY too high, hence the flickering in the background and the motion (unnatural) of the waves.

I gotta be honest here. I'm a BIG-time photography buff. Have been all my life. I understand exposure. Well.

But when it comes to shooting and the TYPES of shots generally taken with flying cameras, "Auto" is the rule rather than the exception.Get a good set of ND filters and set it on Auto and let it fly (For STILL photography. Video is an entirely different animal but this thread is not about video.). 90-95% of the time, you're going to get near perfect shots.

Just the nature of the type of camera and the types of shots it's made for. Nothing particularly complex about either one so Auto works well.
To further add, I too am a photographer. The camera on the P4 is pretty good, to great for stills and daylight shooting. However, as it gets dark, image quality goes in the crappy rather quickly. The problem is the sensor. It is simply not optimized or designed to shoot at night. Expect noise because you are going to get it. At night, you can try auto, but be prepared to learn how to use manual. Sometimes manual is the only way to really get around the noise issue. In post processing make sure you push the contrast a bit to cut down on noise as well. Also, ALWAYS shoot in RAW. JPG is for lazy people who do not really understand photography. If you have more questions drop them here.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
Well I'm NOT a photographer (but I do take 'photos, well sort of), I do sooooo much appreciate this wonderfully diverse planet we live on and all the beautiful things that are there for us to gaze upon (and beauty is in the eye of the beholder). In a post earlier in this thread I said "PS. Who is Ansel Adams, any connection with 'Grisley Adams'? I remember him (sort of)."

Well someone above, Paul Richards (most thankfully) posted a link to some of his work , , , WHooooooo ......... what great stuff . . . . . Hell that's good . . . . if you were ignorant like me take a look, jesus that's something. Maybe I've had a sheltered life here in the UK. Thank you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl