Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Steady Flashing Orange, Steady Beep, Bad Motor

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by imADgine, Dec 18, 2013.

1. imADgine

Hello, everyone!

First post, woot!

I purchased v1.1.1 a week or so ago and have been really enjoying it. A few days ago, I had a prop escape the craft at about 15m and took a nasty fall onto a roof. Cracked the shell, but all else was ok. Warmed the arm, straightened it out, and cursed under my breath in shame. :cry:

Yesterday, while flying, it started behaving erratically and at one point wouldn't fly strait up. It just took off in one direction and ran into a fence. Yay. I've ordered a new shell. It was flying weirdly because the compass cable had come undone. The compass cable is broken and I've ordered that as well. :?

Now I get a steady beep immediately after start-up. It will go through the start-up lights and then I get a steady orange flash, no matter my mode; GPS or either ATTI. Any thoughts? While in NAZA assistant, motor check showed me that back-left motor is not working. That's where the beeping is coming from. I opened it up and all connections are good. The ground for front-right has come undone and I will fix that tonight.

Any thoughts on what you think is wrong?

Any help is really appreciated.

2. imADgine

Update:

The beeping is coming from the motor that is not spinning. I don't want to replace the motor if I don't have to. Could anything else be the problem?

3. OI Photography

It could be that the ESC (the little circuit board in each arm) has gotten disconnected from the NAZA...each one of them should have a cord that's plugged in firmly to one of the M1-4 outputs on the NAZA.

4. imADgine

Per your advice, I took a closer look at the connection and discovered this:

[​IMG]
    Shoot.

[​IMG]
    Crap.

[​IMG]
    Dang.

---

I will update when I know more after replacing ESC.

Thanks!