Sparkles in my video

Flight test today. All is well - and no more "sparkles!" The white single frame dots (sparkles) were just the first signs of the whole image going out.
For those with a similar problem and unsure whether to buy a new camera ribbon cable, it is possible that merely reseating the connectors might do it.
You will still need to remove the camera back plate and the bottom gimbal module cover to reach the 5 connectors. Watch the video to see which ones pull out and which have locking bars. Tools needed are #00 philips and #6 Torx. Needle nose or tweezers are helpful. Takes about an hour - and well worth it!
Delighted you've fixed it!

Reactions: Dounin Front
I have the P3P and i have the same problem but worse.
That's even worse than mine, but mine finally lost video altogether, so I was forced to take action.
It's the weakening of the connection of the camera connection to the gimbal.
If you want to see if it's a bad connection at one of the 5 connectors along the ribbon cable, you can try to reseat them. It requires taking the bottom of the gimbal cover off and the back of the camera. That might do it. Or you could just replace the flat ribbon cable. $40 and an extra 1/2 hour.
I replaced the cable and my camera has never looked better.
Let us know what works. ;)
PS: be sure to watch the YouTube video first.

Reactions: Numone
Thanks for the information. I will definaly will replace the ribbon cable. I will keep you update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing