Sorry noob questions!

Reaction score
First off I have a p3s connected to my iPhone on the Tz

1. I've noticed that all my 17 flights my device has warned me of severe interference when I reach max heights, and not to fly too far away. Being that I am new I don't want to loose my bird. I've flown remote areas and still get that. I pushed her to 150' and I live in Charlotte, NC

2. Is there a avg outside temp we should fly within? I've read some feeds that state the battery can't handle colder or hotter temps.

3. Do I need to discharge the battery? In my 3 charges I typically fly low just to run it down. How do I discharge the battery?

4. I bought a carry bag but don't like that the blades need removal, how tight do they need to be ?

5. Will the copper thing help my bird for signal?

Thank y'all for the help

MM

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I've noticed that all my 17 flights my device has warned me of severe interference when I reach max heights
If you're not running the latest firmware, then try upgrading. If that does not fix the problem, then contact DJI support for help.

Is there a avg outside temp we should fly within? I've read some feeds that state the battery can't handle colder or hotter temps.
The Phantom manual recommends operating in temperatures between 32-104 degrees Fahrenheit. It's not impossible to operate outside of those temperatures, but you may face different issues with your equipment and/or need to take special precautions in order to fly safely. For example, you'll need to keep your batteries in a warm place before flying in colder temperatures or you might need to remove your mobile device from its case when flying in hotter temperatures.

Do I need to discharge the battery?
The batteries will start discharging down to 65% on their own after 10 days (you can decrease that time in DJI GO). That discharge process will take 2-3 days to complete when the battery is fully charged. If you press the button on the battery, that 10-day waiting period will be reset and/or the battery will stop discharging. If your batteries are already below 65%, then store them like this.

I bought a carry bag but don't like that the blades need removal, how tight do they need to be ?
Spin the prop on and let it come to a stop. Then, hand-tighten it about 1/4 of a turn.

FYI, if you never remove your props to inspect them, you won't know if they are damaged. A damaged prop can spin off mid-flight.

Will the copper thing help my bird for signal?
Are you referring to windsurfers? If so, both copper and aluminum windsurfers will work equally as well. They can be used to increase the remote controller range.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan