Soon to be P3S owner

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1384.PNG
Would really like to know how to replay in real time overlaying a map.

Reactions: Dazzauk
Follow me follows the rc not the phone or tablet, to be sure of the minimal interference switch your phone to airplane mode as mobiles use 2.4 ghz too
As far as I am aware the only reason to use airplane mode is to stop incoming calls and texts which can be distracting. It has no effect on how the remote chats away to the drone

So if were to film a video on my phantom, insert the sd card into my mac so i can edit the video how i like, how then would i be able to upload to my imac a copy of the live feed that was shown to me whilst in flight?

thanks

EDIT: After you tubing it - what else do you do in 2017 lol, i think ive figured out that to record the live stream inclusive with flight telemetry that you physically see when you fly your phantom you either need to hook your phone / tablet up to another computer / laptop or use some kind of app which allows you to record your phones screen but then there can be issues with the dji go app live video being out of sync with the drone itself,

please if anyone want to chime in . correct / update me please do as i plan on making some videos with this data included :)

Last edited:
As far as I am aware the only reason to use airplane mode is to stop incoming calls and texts which can be distracting. It has no effect on how the remote chats away to the drone
The OP is getting a P3S so it uses wifi to talk to the RC. So yea, turn on airplane mode, but then enable your wifi only on the phone so you can connect to the RC. as far as follow me mode, that utilizes the GPS of the phone, so the drone will follow the phone, and not the remote control.

Another update p3S should be arriving tomorrow :0

The OP is getting a P3S so it uses wifi to talk to the RC. So yea, turn on airplane mode, but then enable your wifi only on the phone so you can connect to the RC. as far as follow me mode, that utilizes the GPS of the phone, so the drone will follow the phone, and not the remote control.
I am well aware that he was referring to a P3s and my reply was still correct, the only reason to turn on airplane mode is to stop distracting incoming calls and texts. The only other benefit is a slight saving in phone battery life and less use of processor time.

I am well aware that he was referring to a P3s and my reply was still correct, the only reason to turn on airplane mode is to stop distracting incoming calls and texts. The only other benefit is a slight saving in phone battery life and less use of processor time.
I am not saying that you are wrong, just making sure that the OP knew that he needed wifi on to communicate with the transmitter.

Follow me follows the rc not the phone or tablet, to be sure of the minimal interference switch your phone to airplane mode as mobiles use 2.4 ghz too
When I switch my phone into airplane mode that turns off WiFi. How then is my drone connected to the phone without WiFi?

After enabling airplane mode, you can still turn Wi-Fi back on.

I'm not sure it is either. I assumed it would follow based on the reported location of the phone, since I don't think the Phantom has any way to figure out where the RC signal is coming from.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

It follows the phone/tab assuming that the said device has GPS.......if not , I am not sure what it will do.......:)

The P3S controller has built in wifi circuit, when you connect, you dont connect your controller to the phones wifi, you connect your phone to the controllers wifi. Therefore if this were not the case, you would not be able to use a tablet, like I do, that doesnt have its own mobile phone connection.

Where is this stored brother? On your mobile as a video or as a option through the DJI go app?
It is stored on both the mobile device and the DJI cloud (requires an Internet connection). I use two different mobile devices and I'll use either one on a given day. And when connected to the Internet, they will sync the flight logs with the cloud. You can sync manually too if you want.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl