Soon to be P3S owner

Reaction score
hi all, I'm a soon to be phantom 3 owner and I can't wait.

Any tips for my 1st flight would be greatly appreciated.

I have flown my syma X8hg since Xmas and created 2 videos and I think I can pilot it fairly well. But can't wait to get my phantom. Different league.

Darren

Reactions: Dazzauk
Thabks msinger, deffo plan on reading the manual fully. Although I watched so many tutorials and videos in you tube I feel like I've flown one already lol.

How do they behave in flight? I'm so excited about experiencing the GPS hold it would be nice to be able to move the drone any way I desire without the wind influenceing it and making me have to adjust constantly.

How do they behave in flight?
With your fingers off the sticks, the Phantom will hover in place in the sky (even with the wind). When in ATTI mode, they hold their vertical position and drift with the wind. Make sure you try ATTI mode ("A" on the remote controller switch) so you understand how it works in case your Phantom ever auto switches to that mode mid-flight.

With your fingers off the sticks, the Phantom will hover in place in the sky (even with the wind). When in ATTI mode, they hold their vertical position and drift with the wind. Make sure you try ATTI mode ("A" on the remote controller switch) so you understand how it works in case your Phantom ever auto switches to that mode mid-flight.

Wow, you've just set my expectations really high lol :)

Awesome thanks dude.

I'm guessing Atti mode will make it behave like my Syma X8 with altitude hold. Only the phantom will have more power from its motors than my syma.

Do they have a headless mode if it loses GPS?

I'm guessing Atti mode will make it behave like my Syma X8 with altitude hold
Kind of. It's much more stable than quadcopters like the Syma though.

Do they have a headless mode if it loses GPS?
No. When GPS is lost and/or your Phantom determines it cannot use the GPS data for some reason, it'll auto switch to ATTI mode.

Kind of. It's much more stable than quadcopters like the Syma though.

No. When GPS is lost and/or your Phantom determines it cannot use the GPS data for some reason, it'll auto switch to ATTI mode.

Ok so full manual mode then. I'm so excited to get it lol, and nervous as well. It's an expensive toy. But really looking forward to see what I can create video wise.

No, the Phantom does not have a full manual mode. It will always automatically hold its position vertically.

Sorry that's I what I meant :D:D

Altitude hold only... :cool: but will drift around according to weather.

I'm not sure there is a video left I watched lol.

Actually some of the tutorials have been very good.

Love the points of interest , and the follow me. Actually does the follow me use the hardest or mobile device to track?

I still think it's best features though are RTH and just the way I've seen it hover In place with GPS. Truly amazing.

Follow me follows the rc not the phone or tablet, to be sure of the minimal interference switch your phone to airplane mode as mobiles use 2.4 ghz too

Follow me follows the rc not the phone or tablet, to be sure of the minimal interference switch your phone to airplane mode as mobiles use 2.4 ghz too

Interesting tip. Thanks bro.

One thing that might help you get started in addition to the good advice above is the DJI Pre-flight app for your phone. It has a lot of good info all in one place. It can be found at the Google Play store.

Tobby

Mmmmmm wind not affecting it in gps? The Phantom will try and hover in the same spot but it can't work miracles if its too windy.

Oh yeah sure, I'm not talking about strong wind just regular stuff like 5-7mph wind where non GPS drones would drift away.

Hey guys a question obviously the app shows you your distance, height speed E.T.C , is there a way you can record that? What I mean is video wise.

I see some people upload there videos onto YouTube and actually show there 720p live feed complete with all the information. Are they recaorind that from a second camera or what?

Reactions: TiminSac
The dji go app keeps a record of your flight which you can replay in real time overlaying a map. Shows all the tasty facts you need, range, height and speed.
No idea about overlaying the info onto a video though, sorry.

The dji go app keeps a record of your flight which you can replay in real time overlaying a map. Shows all the tasty facts you need, range, height and speed.

Would really like to know how to replay in real time overlaying a map.

Where is this stored brother? On your mobile as a video or as a option through the DJI go app?

Many thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20