Something Good To Say

I started off with a Phantom3A which I love. At Christmas I purchased a refurbished P3S. All that being said, the P3S is now my go to quad. I almost exclusively use Litchi. I also purchased the Argtec range extender system which I may not install now with the new Canadian drone laws. I find however the stock antenna meets most of my flying needs. In my opinion the P3S using Litchi and the Argtec setup will match the performance of the P3A. I had been looking at another spare battery for the P3A @ $200 canadian but purchased the P3S for $349 including the battery. Litchi app for IOS was 20 bucks. Can't go wrong there. Welcome to the forum and have fun..

Why on earth would you buy a standard when you already had a advanced? The range is no where as good as the lightbridge in the advanced. Not to mention Glonass and vps. I'm completely confused by your post[emoji848]. Hey but as long as your happy[emoji106][emoji14]

Why on earth would you buy a standard when you already had a advanced? The range is no where as good as the lightbridge in the advanced. Not to mention Glonass and vps. I'm completely confused by your post
emoji848.png
. Hey but as long as your happy
emoji106.png
emoji14.png
With the Argtec
Why on earth would you buy a standard when you already had a advanced? The range is no where as good as the lightbridge in the advanced. Not to mention Glonass and vps. I'm completely confused by your post
emoji848.png
. Hey but as long as your happy
emoji106.png
emoji14.png
Why on earth would you buy a standard when you already had a advanced? The range is no where as good as the lightbridge in the advanced. Not to mention Glonass and vps. I'm completely confused by your post[emoji848]. Hey but as long as your happy[emoji106][emoji14]
with the Argtec adaptation the range is supposedly similar. With our now limited range here in Canada I guess I'll never know. Watch for similar restrictions coming your way. They always test this crap up here first. :)

Maybe where your at if you don't go very far but lightbridge kicks its ***[emoji41] and like I said having glonass and vps is a big plus. Not to mention the controller is way better as well. There's nothing wrong with the standard, I had one it's a great bird but compairing to a advanced or replacing it with a standard is just silly[emoji851]

I'm on my 3rd P3A.

(#1 Tree fight, repaired but jello video. #2 Tree fight, cost as much as a refurbished to repair, #3 is the new(ish) refurbished unit)

It's not the best way to get additional batteries and parts, and the fact that most things are not compatible with different models, I now have plenty of "spare parts" .

Either way, I really enjoy them both. Modifying the Standard is part of the fun for me. I also enjoy conversing and learning on forums like this one. I have experienced one tree fight with the Advanced while distracted by a deer. 80 foot drop and hit every branch on the way down and buried itself completely in packed snow. No damage except for tip off one prop! I couldn't believe it! They are tough birds at times..

I'm on my 3rd P3A.

(#1 Tree fight, repaired but jello video. #2 Tree fight, cost as much as a refurbished to repair, #3 is the new(ish) refurbished unit)

It's not the best way to get additional batteries and parts, and the fact that most things are not compatible with different models, I now have plenty of "spare parts" .

I like they way you look at the bright side[emoji106]

Got my P2 up this week for first time. P2 because I wanted a stripped down drone and when it gets its assigned operational missions, photography is not on the list. I do enjoy the heck out of it. Learning and getting used to controls, I have been flying turns about a rug, figure 8's etc. I'd have to say the drone has been under 30 feet in altitude and 60 yards away at the most.

Yep. Love it.

I love my p3s[emoji576][emoji100][emoji452] [emoji175][emoji119]. My first drone was the parrot bebop, I was so happy when I got it. The reason I went for that one was because you didn't need a controller just your cell. I went through 6 of them. They were completely unreliable and got nowhere near the distance that it claim to, I got like 150ft. So I upgraded to DJI phantom 3 standard. And OMG!!!!! THIS THING IS AMAZING. first the camera is unbelievable. Second the distance is great, I'm not looking to go a mile away from me I like to keep it in sight. Third is that it is extremely reliable. I have great faith in it. But with that said I have had two flips on take off, with no damage except props, but I blame myself. Poor choice in takeoff areas that lead to compass errors. Lesson learned.
I live in Chicago and use it to take unbelievable photos around the city and fun now is wanting to learn videos editing. So I get out as much as possible. I go out early in the morning to avoid people as much as possible downtown at prime locations. That is also a lot of fun for me, trying to find new awesome locations to fly at and kind of push the limits a little just to get the heart racing lol.
And finally the best part is customizing my drone. Finding the right gear to fit you. In the past month I've gone nuts. Got an awesome backpack, Two new batteries for $50 buck each from target and best Buy thanks to the game stop ad. Polar pro filters for $15 sale at best buy. A case for the filters. I skinned my drone in black camo. And went through a couple of different opinions on cell and tablet holders till yesterday when my inspire mount came which is the best choice. but I'm not drilling it in though. Sun shades for cell and tablet. silicone cover for the controller. Next purchases will be Round flat thumb rockers for the controller, foldable take off mate, colored metal mount for the inspire device holder, multi battery charger, & car charger.
I love this drone

Reactions: Homer23
I would also suggest a gimbal guard . It saved my *** in an 80 ft. drop through trees.

I love to fly all my birds. I have only been flying for 2 and a half months now. It is great to hear some happy people that are having fun with dji birds. I now have 3. P3standard, p3 pro, and a p4 pro. They are so much fun. I have put safety first and have been trying to learn all I can learn there is just a lot of info. I'm just about brain dead trying to keep up with all 3. LOL

I enjoy my flying camera a good bit, and pretty much every aspect, I don't save all the video or images that I take, it's it does not make the cut it is tossed, but I still enjoy the flight, but there is no doubt if you catch some great footage it does make it all the better.

It's not that the forum is negative, it needs to be honest, as long we people don't get rude and such, positive and "seemingly" negative feedback is still positive if you look at it right.

There are a good amount of threads on most any type of forum that will just not be worth the read for any given person, if you start reading a thread and it does not entertain, apply or help you to learn, move to the next topic or thread.

Seems like no one talks about how much they love their Phantoms , I am a new P3S owner and I think its fun and enjoying flying it, to much negativity here in the forum, just sayin

I swear by my Phantom 3 Pro. I've flown other cheaper quads with sometimes unpredictable results but my P3 Pro is like money in the bank. I've developed a confidence while flying my P3 that's like being bulletproof. Phantom, except no substitutes!

We did the opening titles for a television show and some other aerials in one day. I think we were airborne in total 5-6 hours that day, burning through 12++ batteries. Lots of fun!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka