Some questions about the DJI Go app

Reaction score
I have a P3S with a Samsung Tablet A . I'm not having any problems with it. But tonight I noticed that my Return Home Altitude is at 98ft. My app is set to "Imperial", but the setting is in Meters. I set the RTH altitude to 30, and that sets it at 98ft when RTH is triggered. I wanted to set the RTH alt a little lower, but can't.

Why does one reading show in meters, and the other is feet. And is 98ft the lowest you can set for RTH? It says that it has the latest firmware.

I mostly fly on the open desert where there isn't a tree or building in sight for 20 miles. So much lower would be fine out there.

Any advice?

GD

The RTH altitude setting is always displayed in meters. 30 meters is the lowest possible value.

Last edited:
The RTH altitude setting is always displayed in meters. 30 meters is the lowest possible value.
Well! That explains that. I generally fly around the desert at about 50 feet or so. I like to use the RTH when I want to come back and land. But the darn thing always wants to go up to 98ft first. There is no need for that altitude out there. 10 feet would still clear all obstacles, except for the occasional Joshua tree. Even those are spread so far apart as to not be a problem.

I'm sure they have that minimum limit for safety reasons. In many locations, 98 feet would not be high enough to clear all obstacles.

I thought 20m was the default (min) setting?

Well! That explains that. I generally fly around the desert at about 50 feet or so. I like to use the RTH when I want to come back and land. But the darn thing always wants to go up to 98ft first. There is no need for that altitude out there. 10 feet would still clear all obstacles, except for the occasional Joshua tree. Even those are spread so far apart as to not be a problem.
Yes the meter RTH is really annoying. I agree it would be a safety issue for the general. If its flying itself, that means your not the controller. If a wind gust was to come up or bird hit it, etc. You would want it to have a chance to recover. 10 feet?, you could hit a basket ball player that was vacationing in the desert. :D

I have a P3S with a Samsung Tablet A . I'm not having any problems with it. But tonight I noticed that my Return Home Altitude is at 98ft. My app is set to "Imperial", but the setting is in Meters. I set the RTH altitude to 30, and that sets it at 98ft when RTH is triggered. I wanted to set the RTH alt a little lower, but can't.

Why does one reading show in meters, and the other is feet. And is 98ft the lowest you can set for RTH? It says that it has the latest firmware.

I mostly fly on the open desert where there isn't a tree or building in sight for 20 miles. So much lower would be fine out there.

Any advice?

GD
As for the feet/meter issue. Most menu setting are always in meters even if you set it to Imperial. That only changes the screen display figures. After finding this out myself, I changed it back to metric. This way everything is the same all throughout the app.

As for the feet/meter issue. Most menu setting are always in meters even if you set it to Imperial. That only changes the screen display figures. After finding this out myself, I changed it back to metric. This way everything is the same all throughout the app.
Born in USA, I am always confused!, two measuring systems? When did this happen? Next your going to tell me there is more than the English language!

It least there is one common measurement.
Time.
I like to ask people how many times they have been around the Sun, Try it!
OK, I am done for now. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl