Solo with gimbal has also had a price markdown!

Just my .02... Your comment indicates you want to use your GoPro as opposed to looking for the features the 3DR offers. If your requirement is as basic as just wanting a decent AP platform that uses a GoPro, why not go with the Yuneec Typhoon G? its only 500 bucks, made to be used with a GoPro, has a hand steady cam mount, Tx with built-in screen.. and again 500 bucks...

Now if you are looking for the features the 3DR offers, thats a different story but think seriously how you would be using the Quad if the extra 500 bucks of features is something you'll use....

Just my .02... Your comment indicates you want to use your GoPro as opposed to looking for the features the 3DR offers. If your requirement is as basic as just wanting a decent AP platform that uses a GoPro, why not go with the Yuneec Typhoon G? its only 500 bucks, made to be used with a GoPro, has a hand steady cam mount, Tx with built-in screen.. and again 500 bucks...

Now if you are looking for the features the 3DR offers, thats a different story but think seriously how you would be using the Quad if the extra 500 bucks of features is something you'll use....

Does the Typhoon have full camera control, and streaming video? If so, might not be a bad idea!

I'm not sure of the Typhoon Gs full capabilities. I did do research on it as it was the first AP Quad I considered. Here's the site link... Typhoon G

Does the Typhoon have full camera control, and streaming video? If so, might not be a bad idea!

looks like 3DR and DJI are getting ready to anounce a new version og the phantom and solo.
wonder when it will be at Best Buy?

I'm curious to hear why you believe that?

I'll tell you why. Back in June I had one for 13 days. BB gave me 14 days to return it for a full refund. I so wanted it to be great, for months before I kept hearing how great it was going to be. Shipping was delayed time and again, they started shipping......oh but no gimbal for another two months lol.

Disconnects every 5-6 minutes happening no further than 20 ft away in a large open field with nothing else around. I can't stand it when I company tries to BS their way out of something. So glad I bought it from BB and got my money back right away. The Solo has been one big failure, they were going to compete with the Phantom? Not

I know two others who bought one about a month after me (after the bugs had been worked out) who had the same issues.

If you want GoPro control and video downlink, the Solo is the only player in town, FOR NOW. There seem to be other platforms being released (Autel) that claim to offer GoPro control as well. Regardless, with this price reduction, the Solo is a little bit more accessible, and prompted me to finally purchase one. I now have the trifecta of P3P, Typhoon and Solo.

If you want GoPro control and video downlink, the Solo is the only player in town, FOR NOW. There seem to be other platforms being released (Autel) that claim to offer GoPro control as well. Regardless, with this price reduction, the Solo is a little bit more accessible, and prompted me to finally purchase one. I now have the trifecta of P3P, Typhoon and Solo.
i would be very interested in what you find out! Please let me know!

Don't forget GoPro's own "Karma"... nobody really knows what features it has, but maybe they'll be smart and sell a version of it to mount an already existing GoPro. That's the main reason why I bought a P2/Zenmuse combo last summer... I just got the GoPro about a month before, and I hated the idea of not using it as much as I could be.

I'll tell you why. Back in June I had one for 13 days. BB gave me 14 days to return it for a full refund. I so wanted it to be great, for months before I kept hearing how great it was going to be. Shipping was delayed time and again, they started shipping......oh but no gimbal for another two months lol.

Disconnects every 5-6 minutes happening no further than 20 ft away in a large open field with nothing else around. I can't stand it when I company tries to BS their way out of something. So glad I bought it from BB and got my money back right away. The Solo has been one big failure, they were going to compete with the Phantom? Not

I know two others who bought one about a month after me (after the bugs had been worked out) who had the same issues.

Funny, I had the above issues and then some. The GPS took forever to acquire and sometimes never did. The range was horrible, their altitude hold does not work, the Gimbals were very problematic, if you flew above your head it lost connection, it had communication issues with the Gopro and the app was subpar. Not to mention the $2000 price tag. 3DR is so full of crap the copter should be brown.

i would be very interested in what you find out! Please let me know!
I had the Q500 4k, best camera I have had yet. The range was not that great though and top speed with GPS was only 17 mph. The camera however was detachable and it came with a CGO Handheld Gimbal. If you want to see the video quality comparison I have videos on here from the 3DR Solo with GoPro 4 Silver, P3 Pro, and Yuneec Q500 4K.

Youtube

Last edited:
I had the Q500 4k, best camera I have had yet. The range was not that great though and top speed with GPS was only 17 mph. The camera however was detachable and it came with a CGO Handheld Gimbal. If you want to see the video quality comparison I have videos on here from the 3DR Solo with GoPro 4 Silver, P3 Pro, and Yuneec Q500 4K.

Orin Levey

Thats right, how did I forget about the bad GPS. Add that to my list. I really wanted 3DR to succeed, not with this product

Orin Levey
The detachable hand held camera stabilizer is interesting. I could use that! However, from the videos I have seen with the typoon, the white balance is always way off! Maybe they have since fixed that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl