SOLD: P2V+ with extras. Has a couple issues. Located in USA.

Reaction score
I am selling a used DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus with an extra battery, 3D printed FC200 camera lens hood, and phone sun hood. This quad has never been crashed BUT it does still have some issues. The issues are minor and probably easily fixable but I'm just so fed up with this thing I can't stand to look at it. Setting it on fire might be more satisfying than selling it but maybe someone with some knowledge can easily fix the issues it has and get a good deal on this Vision Plus.

The IMU and Compass were just replaced by DronesETC. The compass calibration kept failing so I attempted an advanced IMU calibration which froze in the process and made the battery swell up. I sent it in for repair and it was determined by DronesETC repair team that the IMU and Compass needed to be replaced. Why not send it back to DJI? DJI said they wouldn't be able to look at it for 6-8 weeks. I needed it back for a project I was working on so I paid for the repairs and had it back within a week. Little did I know it was going to cost me $500...

I got it back from DronesETC and took off for the first test flight after the repairs. It flew level and held GPS position well. It came back with a new issue though. It vibrates at low altitudes, as if it has an unbalanced prop. I tried 3 different sets of props and it vibrates the same each time. It definitely didn't used to do this before I sent it in for repairs. I called DronesETC back and they assured me it was just prop wash or unbalanced props that cause it to vibrate at low altitudes. I know this thing didn't used to vibrate like it does now. I'm tired of calling DJI and repair centers and being told I don't have a problem when it clearly does. They even said it was possible to have 3 sets of unbalanced props. I'm done with this thing. I don't want to put one more dollar into it.

Also, the second issue is with the gimbal not staying level all the time during flight. This doesn't happen every flight, but when it does, it's annoying. The gimbal will all of a sudden think a 30-40 degree tilt on the roll axis is level. To level it out again, you must fly it back and power cycle.

Other than the vibration and the random gimbal tilt, everything else works fine. If you can fix those two small issues, you'll have yourself a good P2V+.

If you have any other questions, please send me a message or post on here.

You get the P2V+ in the original box with all original accessories, an extra battery, a 3D printed lens hood for the FC200 camera, and a phone sun hood that fits in the remote clip.

SOLD!

Thanks,

Alex

Re: Used: P2V+ with extras. Has a couple issues. Located in

Very interested. Where are you located?

Turns out I was able to mix and match prop sets until I got the vibration to disappear. I guess they really were unbalanced props...

YeeaaBoii said:
It vibrates at low altitudes, as if it has an unbalanced prop.

Also, the second issue is with the gimbal not staying level all the time during flight. This doesn't happen every flight, but when it does, it's annoying. The gimbal will all of a sudden think a 30-40 degree tilt on the roll axis is level. To level it out again, you must fly it back and power cycle.

Have you reduced your Basic Gains in the P2 assistant software? That's what the vibration cause sounds like to me. Try this, no harm can be done and is a likely cause.

Have you performed your advanced IMU calibration on a perfectly level surface (leveled with a spirit level)? This may solve the gimbal issue. If not, you can also try the gimbal reset procedure shown in post #11 at the following link:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2167972

tferrari said:
YeeaaBoii said:
It vibrates at low altitudes, as if it has an unbalanced prop.

Have you reduced your Basic Gains in the P2 assistant software? That's what the vibration cause sounds like to me. Try this, no harm can be done and is a likely cause.

Have you performed your advanced IMU calibration on a perfectly level surface (leveled with a spirit level)? This may solve the gimbal issue. If not, you can also try the gimbal reset procedure shown in post #11 at the following link:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2167972

It's too bad I didn't see this before I sold it. I ended up mixing and matching different sets of props and I got the vibration to disappear. I shipped it to the buyer only with the one set of props that didn't cause it to vibrate. I guess I really did have unbalanced props.

As for the tilted gimbal, I wasn't able to replicate that problem again after a bunch of test flights before I sent it off so hopefully the new owner won't have that problem. If they do though, a power cycle always fixed the problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl