Software downgrade help please....

Reaction score
Hi All,
I know this is repetitive but I have been searching and searching for the answer.....Going blind searching

I recently received a new P3P back from DJI after the first one was earning frequent flier miles to DJI for cracking sponsons. I will never complain about DJI repair svc, they have been amazingly good, unlike the P2 days...

So, the new P3 comes out of the box and I see it has 1.5.30+ showing as the firmware... Cool, flies great..
Somehow, probably me fat fingering the app on my iPad M3, I managed to start a update in the go app. I quickly stopped it, or so I thought. I just went to power it on and see that it is now 1.9.60......
I have tried to use the hidden key on the go app, and it does not show anything but a 1.6.0 for the R/C.
My remote was 1.6.0 when it left for the last trip to DJI, so nothing has changed there.....
I did test fly the P3 and it seems very unstable in a hover, that is to say drifting like the P2 did( ala toilet bowl effect) So, I would like to figure out the easiest way to get the bird back to 1.5.30+......

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

You'll only be able to downgrade one firmware version.

Hi All,
I know this is repetitive but I have been searching and searching for the answer.....Going blind searching

I recently received a new P3P back from DJI after the first one was earning frequent flier miles to DJI for cracking sponsons. I will never complain about DJI repair svc, they have been amazingly good, unlike the P2 days...

So, the new P3 comes out of the box and I see it has 1.5.30+ showing as the firmware... Cool, flies great..
Somehow, probably me fat fingering the app on my iPad M3, I managed to start a update in the go app. I quickly stopped it, or so I thought. I just went to power it on and see that it is now 1.9.60......
I have tried to use the hidden key on the go app, and it does not show anything but a 1.6.0 for the R/C.
My remote was 1.6.0 when it left for the last trip to DJI, so nothing has changed there.....
I did test fly the P3 and it seems very unstable in a hover, that is to say drifting like the P2 did( ala toilet bowl effect) So, I would like to figure out the easiest way to get the bird back to 1.5.30+......

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks
My guess it that the new P3 from DJI already had 1.96 when you took it out of the box and the app just refreshed to show that when you powered it in. You can't update the AC's firmware through the RC, so it's not something you did accidentally with a fat finger.

FYI that if you have 1.6 on your RC, it won't even link to an AC with anything less than 1.8.

Expletives deleted.......
So, what is the skinny on the software in this damm thing.... now.....
it is telling me firmware update for the remote and some of the batteries.... I am running GO 2.8.1 and refuse to update to the big brother mode 3.0.. Not a conspiracy theorist or anything, but the warning areas are ridiculous. One of the guys I fly with regularly screwed up and updated his... There are warnings for everything and not even accurate. It said he was flying over a power plant the other night and we were flying in our usual parking lot.
Ah, the lovely improved updates....

Expletives deleted.......
So, what is the skinny on the software in this damm thing.... now....
If you want, just ignore the notice that there is a new RC firmware (1.8) available. You don't have to install it if you don't want to.

As for the batteries, since you said you have 1.96 already on your AC just put the 1.96 bin file on the SD card and power up the AC with each of your batteries. If any of them need an update, it happens quickly. After, shut down and power up the AC with the next battery. Repeat until you've done all of your batteries. Nothing should change with your AC because you already have 1.96 installed.

One note is that we frequently hear from people that even after they've updated FW, the app just continues to say that an update is available. Most of the time this is reported with regards to the RC firmware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan