So why all the 3.0 hate?

Reaction score
Seem's like everyone who upgraded to 3.0 wants to go back. Is it the no fly zones? I newer Phantom 2 with 3D arrived Tuesday. I don't have any idea what software is on it. never bothered to check. I guess I will this weekend, anyway everything is running smooth as silk including the gimbal, no jello effect, no rubbing on panning motor against battery.

I'm not sure?
I updated my 3 month old ( P2V )

1) newest assistance software
2) newest PC driver
3) 3.0 firmware in phantom
4) newest controller firmware
5) updated my camera driver
6) recalibrated my controller( through assistant software )
7) recalibrated. ( magnetic compass ) before first flight

So far all is good, no glitching, flies smooth, FPV on time no delays!

Only thing weird is
SOMETIMES ( when I'm doodling INDOORS ) like discharging battery to 8% for refresh, the vision goes into
NO-FLY-ZONE ( setting, disabling take-off ) but if I shut it off and then back on all is good! I live
More than a 30 min DRIVE, to nearest airport, DEFINATELY out of range? But who knows?

Other than that
I'm a happy customer!
I LOVE my phantom 2 vision!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot. )

since the update i can't get sats to connect. and i can't fix this error. i was told a BS response from DJI that their going to have a fix that night but that was three days ago

i-mFs5KvM-L.jpg

For me it's not hate. I believe if something isn't broke don't mess with it. Other than the j hook issues which is not fixed in 3.0 my P2 flies great. Therefore there is no need to update.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it" is a perfectly valid point of view, but there are some considerations... I recently picked up a Phantom 2 (with Zenmuse 2D) and it came with the version 1 firmware. I upgraded to the newest (v3) and am perfectly happy.

Release notes of the version 2 firmware include:
-Ground Station support (insinuating it didn't support it before?)
-optimized compass calibration (never a bad thing)
-improved battery detecting for more precise warnings (good thing)
-limited maximum descending speed (helpful, why not)
-fixed bouncing problems after landing (I had this myself before I upgraded)
-Zenmuse Z3-3D gimbal support (didn't have it before)

Version 3 didn't add as many important things, but still it seems to have (from the release notes)
-Zenmuse 2D and 3D support in assistant software
-compass data error notification (wouldn't you want to know?)
-gimbal and camera identification via central board firmware

I get that a lot of people are pissed off about the new "area restrictions" which extend to 5 miles from many airports, but if you read closely or watch the video from DJI the limit is like a cone that rises up from the center... you can't even take off at 1.5 miles or so from an airport (why would you want to?) but the farther from the airport you are the higher you're allowed to fly so it's really not that bad. or just don't fly near airports. Other people whine about the height and distance limits but via the assistant software you can set them to whatever you want so... who cares?

I personally believe that firmware updates come out for a reason and improved detection, performance, etc. are a real thing, and I see a lot of anti-v3 sentiment and for what it's worth I'm not having any trouble with mine after going to 3.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl