So Much for DJI and their forum - Shame on You DJI !

A company can drop support of a legacy product anytime that they want to, once all warranty periods are over. There's no case of a class-action suit.
As for "If DJI drops support for the P3S, what are we to do with our birds?" Answer, fly and enjoy, why would you need their support once the warranty is done with.

Thank you for stating the obvious ;). I fully 'understand' that once the warranty is over, one should not expect 'support'. I was thinking more in line of ... if such support is terminated sooner than later. While I appreciate (for $$$ reasons) that a company cannot support a product forever, many companies out there keep on rolling out new hardware versions at often ridiculous paces ... just to push the urge to 'upgrade'. It used to be that all you had to do was upgrade software for bug fixes and enhancements. Nowadays, companies expect you to upgrade hardware as wll, and often the features in between are 'not' dramatic improvement. Example: Nikon and their DSLRs, e.g. D5100/5200/5300/... every year, ... come on, really?

Thank you for stating the obvious ;). I fully 'understand' that once the warranty is over, one should not expect 'support'. I was thinking more in line of ... if such support is terminated sooner than later. While I appreciate (for $$$ reasons) that a company cannot support a product forever, many companies out there keep on rolling out new hardware versions at often ridiculous paces ... just to push the urge to 'upgrade'. It used to be that all you had to do was upgrade software for bug fixes and enhancements. Nowadays, companies expect you to upgrade hardware as wll, and often the features in between are 'not' dramatic improvement. Example: Nikon and their DSLRs, e.g. D5100/5200/5300/... every year, ... come on, really?
Just like cell phones too. Walk into a company store (like Verizon or AT&T) looking for a case for your one year old phone, the sales clerks just laugh saying your phone is outdated and you should upgrade, and no they don't stock cases for outdated phones.

As I see it - Microsoft proved that we as a public are stupid enough to become Beta2 testers instead of the old days of Alpha then Beta1 then Beta2 then put on market once all bugs found.
Others have followed suit and of course R&D is reduced on their part as they no longer have one or two of the tests phases to conduct .. WE do that for them ... and of course they get it out quicker.

If I ran my business the way these companies do ? I would be very quickly out of business and most likely sued !
And I am working with thousands of tons each time ... huge financial commitments.

Nigel

Just like cell phones too. Walk into a company store (like Verizon or AT&T) looking for a case for your one year old phone, the sales clerks just laugh saying your phone is outdated and you should upgrade, and no they don't stock cases for outdated phones.

Even for new phones - I usually resort to Ebay as the daft cases they offer in the shops are just that ... daft !!

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164