So Much for DJI and their forum - Shame on You DJI !

I think we have to understand. In an official dji forum they will not let you promote other companies. That's a given. He'll, If I owned a company and someone potentially took away business I would be more than unimpressed. O think we can all agree on that. Hence why we use factional forums. Don't be mad at dji, just spread the word elsewhere. If I asked on that forum about a parrot drone. It would be gone cos it ain't relevant to them. It isn't a go at you. Unfortunately, it's business. I love dji but half their inventory is a bag of ****. But, if everyone knew that. They would be the next 3dr.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

In an official dji forum they will not let you promote other companies
True of any manufacturer forum - you would be on something illegal if you thought otherwise :).

I love dji but half their inventory is a bag of ****. But, if everyone knew that. They would be the next 3dr.
You don't get to be the largest drone maker in the world by selling ****. Besides this makes no sense - why do you love them if they sell rubbish?

Reactions: kirk2579
Its been my experience that on a lot of manufacturer owned forums there is a runaround and blame,
Where as on forums like this one ,I can find people with a similar problem and usually a solution.

OK ... I appreciate the variety of replies here and on other threads - EVEN when it is contrary to my own PoV.

What annoyed me was that I explained what the DJI power brick does ... I explained what i use as well as the DJI brick. The point to provide information that anyone could use in their determination. DJI accepted and allowed it. Another who seems to consider he's DJI's Knight in Shining Armour and kisses their **** till it hurts .. made stupid claims saying that none of my info could work and that costs were against it also.
Purely to show his mistake - I replied to each point specifically with proof and links.
I even made it plain that OP's question of which unit to buy - i answered on that as well.

DJI removed the post completely destroying any chance of the OP or anyone else gaining information relevant to the thread and leaving the total BS of the other guy.

I run a number of ... I created a number of and am member of many forums. I accept that manufacturers do not like alternative products to their own highlighted on their sites ... but DJI's action in fact supported false and misleading information that is unfair to the customer base.

Nigel

As to use of alternative chargers .. I think it better to create a new thread so the info can be listed and then the topic can be debated without this threads subject affecting it.

Nigel

Just spent ages writing a description of how the DJI battery charges and what we as users can do ... then PC crashed it !! Lost the lot !!

Will try again once I get urge to rewrite !!

Nigel

Having had many years enjoyment in competitive off-road 1/10th buggy racing where battery life/performance has always been a hot topic, I for one would welcome much more detailed information on the bespoke packs that DJI now use. OK so I only fly a P1 where batteries are cheap and readily available from mutliple sources (a bonus IMHO) but for me to upgrade and invest in a bird that uses very expensive cells, charged by a device only provided by the manufacturer I would like to know more about the charge rate/cell monitoring/cycle life etc. In the meantime I will continue to use and enjoy my P1 and keep my batteries in tip-top condition by using my IMax charger which gives me all the information I need. Keep up the good work and keep the forum open to discussions such as this.

The problem is that DJI has decided to remove much of USER control of charging. But there are still areas we can act in to create a charging regime more suited to individual requirements.

I have been able to reduce my charge time to more reasonable while still staying within C rating and also with all the info I need to know what state my pack is in during charging.

DJI's method basically tells you nothing except a very coarse LED system ... and fact its on or off !

Nigel

To be fair to the dji forum, in the short time I've been on it, I've found it very informative and useful like this one. I remember solentlife's original post on the dji forum............. very impressive, detailed and technical I seem to remember.............. perhaps even a bit too technical for the likes of me!!....... didn't really see the need for it to be deleted. To be honest, I don't really see the need to tinker around with chargers.................. mine seems to work fine with no problems at all.............. perhaps I'm missing something.

Reactions: kirk2579
The point was that RHP made a statement throwing scorn on a viable item. He obviously had no knowledge of what he was posting about.
I posted IN REPLY to that with information and photos showing the viability and why.
I explained the use of and the detail available to the user. I also posted the links to show that his statement of a LiPo charger costing more than the DJI brick was false. The links were DJI own sales info and the alternative chargers pricing.

As I have 'discussed' with DJI - they did not need to delete the post and also leave the misleading info from RHP. They could have contacted me as most forums do and hidden the post for me to edit / delete or remain hidden. They just deleted with no PM or informing me ... I found out purely when I returned to the thread to view what was new posts. The surprise was all that detail just vanished !!

All the info was provided for a user to make own decision based on actual information. Something that I value when others provide info that I can use to improve my use and hobby.

I have removed my test data and various from their Forum in protest ... I have informed the DJI moderators who contacted me AFTER the event that I shall be surgical as to what I think I contribute as I feel insulted by DJI. I have also made clear that all further testing I conduct will not be posted on their forum - despite its possible value for their technical or development. Many companys such as BMW, Mercedes, Volvo just to quote a few well known names use owners input to modify or improve. That input can be 3rd party items through to owners own additions. Why DJI consider themselves above all that is ludicrous.

nigel

I don't like their forum, for me it's when DJI respond to a problem especially the two I had and then just leave you hanging. Alright I know it's not a instant chat but surely at least reply with a response so I know what to do.

Thing is I'm sure I've seen posts on there that discuss modding etc? How can that be allowed? Someone spends money to mod better distance etc instead of upgrading to an advance/Pro . . .Surely it's one rule for some and another for others

I don't like their forum, for me it's when DJI respond to a problem especially the two I had and then just leave you hanging. Alright I know it's not a instant chat but surely at least reply with a response so I know what to do.

Thing is I'm sure I've seen posts on there that discuss modding etc? How can that be allowed? Someone spends money to mod better distance etc instead of upgrading to an advance/Pro . . .Surely it's one rule for some and another for others
I'm always surprised by that.................. frequent posts about using a Litchi app which I didn't think they'd allow or want to encourage.

Reactions: BryanLiverpool
I think Litchi falls into a grey area ... because I thought Login was only via Go ... but in fact I have read that Litchi will login AC to DJI account !

I think also DJi are hoping all will change to Litchi so they can stop having to provide 'support' for GO .... Now that P3 range is down to Standard alone ... seems a bit strange.

As a support Forum - check out references to it by DJI themselves .. and the side bar with titles about Support etc. - the DJI Forum falls far short of its advertisement.
I particularly find the replys from DJI advising sending units back for assessment distressing. Considering that many I read are based on shoddy FW or GO ... that simply good forum information from DJI support would solve. Removing the headache of returning unit, DJI having engineers waste time and all the hassle it involves.

Their forum is poorly served by DJi and its a pain to use as well.

Nigel

I didn't get to see your post before it was removed Nigel. I had always enjoyed your posts and from them made up my own mind as to what I would like to try. I was also insulted at the "other" forum when the 3.1.2 RTH problem surfaced. Especially when I was only trying to warn others of the impending problem.

I am interested in reading your opinion on the battery charging and chargers. I have owned a business for many years that retails batteries from tiny button cells through to remote area battery packs costing thousands of dollars.

I am not new to batteries but am a beginner with forums.

I had not thought of using a different charger for the intelligent battery packs but do know the importance of balancing multi-cell packs. I own one of the Vencon UBA charger/testers that are fully programmable in their routines and you have sparked an interest whether or not I could use it to maintain/test the Phantom battery pack.
UBA5 Battery Analyzer | Vencon

So if yourself or someone else starts a thread on the battery packs and alternative chargers I would like to join the discussion.
Cheers

but in fact I have read that Litchi will login AC to DJI account

No it won't.

frequent posts about using a Litchi app which I didn't think they'd allow or want to encourage.

Why not? Litchi exists because DJI made their SDK available to outside developers for app development. So ergo they are encouraging this - a smart move on their part IMO.

Reactions: Meta4 and SkyHog
...................So if yourself or someone else starts a thread on the battery packs and alternative chargers I would like to join the discussion.
Cheers

I will be starting a thread shortly about various ways to charge the Phantom packs and why certain functions / modes are not possible. I had about 75% written earlier but my PC and fat fingers caused it to be wiped out !! So I have to psych myself up to write it all again !!

I have dismantled Original DJi P3 battery packs and to be honest was shocked at the shoddy workmanship inside. It also showed the limitations and why stated functions failed to work as DJI claim.

My eventual aim is to be able to solve the riddle of these battery packs and enable ordinary folk to replace / rejuvenate packs in safe and good manner.

Oz - if you are involved in Battery packs as I believe you say - then great - welcome aboard .. we can benefit from your knowledge.

Cheers
Nigel

No it won't.

I was as you and still not a believer it can .. but I was reading an article where the author claimed it can be done. When I reset my units - I used Go to login and activate ... then swapped to Litchi.
This author advised me - I did not need Go to do it ...

Why not? Litchi exists because DJI made their SDK available to outside developers for app development. So ergo they are encouraging this - a smart move on their part IMO.

Fair comment. In fact I still believe that DJI want to divest themselves of Go and development ... turn attention to Ground Station and leave lesser to such as Litchi.

Nigel

This author advised me - I did not need Go to do it ...
There are no options in my app (I have both android and IOS versions) that provide for this. So how is it done?

turn attention to Ground Station and leave lesser to such as Litchi.
Possibly, but AFAIK they haven't released all details of all functionality in the SDK I doubt this will happen anytime soon, In any case GCS is so far only available in IOS.

Honest RF ... I couldn't get Litchi to do it and used Go ... I only mention it.

As to Go and SDK ... given that basically only the P3S is left ... I cannot see DJI sticking with the P3S much longer. I think they ditched the wrong P3 - they should have kept the P3A ..... but that's my PoV...

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj