So Much for DJI and their forum - Shame on You DJI !

Dji's help and even online techs read off a flowchart of replies. Im sure they do not get proper product training. Want proof? Here's the best rock bottom dumbest reply from my help attempt
bb78063ff1373ed742980474fae53113.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Honest RF ... I couldn't get Litchi to do it and used Go ... I only mention it.

As to Go and SDK ... given that basically only the P3S is left ... I cannot see DJI sticking with the P3S much longer. I think they ditched the wrong P3 - they should have kept the P3A ..... but that's my PoV...

Nigel

Based on the recent surge in P3S sales (especially in the US, where you could buy one for less than $400), it makes sense that they'd keep supporting the P3S for some time ... or at least, this is what I'm hoping for. If they discontinued support for the P3S soon, this calls for a class-action suit, seriously!

Nice to know ... but sales are based on people seeing a $500 item being sold of for $400 or less.

Class action suit ? Yeh ok !!

Various models of cars have had boosted sales and then a new model replace it ! I don't see VW / Ford etc. in Class Action suits for it ...

Quite often price drops are to clear inventory due to no further stock to produce as end of line ... bet there's a lot on here who have the T-shirt on that one !

Nigel

Class action suit ? Yeh ok !!

Various models of cars have had boosted sales and then a new model replace it ! I don't see VW / Ford etc. in Class Action suits for it ...
Not sure I get your point but ... when I take my Honda to the dealership, they don't tell me 'we don't service your car anymore'
If DJI drops support for the P3S, what are we to do with our birds?

Sorry ... did I say drop support ... if I did then what was meant was updating and spending time and effort on Go ...

Lets be honest - DJI support sucks anyway. Look at the reports of them just sending out refurbs instead of getting to the root of the problem ... and how many people report the refurb as shoddy !!

In terms of servicing / support for your car ... in fact that is finite. And shorter term than many realise. I have had cars that Brand Dealer has turned away, advised using 3rd party as parts and equipment no longer available at the dealer.

Nigel

Not sure I get your point but ... when I take my Honda to the dealership, they don't tell me 'we don't service your car anymore'
If DJI drops support for the P3S, what are we to do with our birds?
A company can drop support of a legacy product anytime that they want to, once all warranty periods are over. There's no case of a class-action suit.
As for "If DJI drops support for the P3S, what are we to do with our birds?" Answer, fly and enjoy, why would you need their support once the warranty is done with.

A company can drop support of a legacy product anytime that they want to, once all warranty periods are over. There's no case of a class-action suit.
As for "If DJI drops support for the P3S, what are we to do with our birds?" Answer, fly and enjoy, why would you need their support once the warranty is done with.

Exactly .... the only time I will and most others stop flying the P3S is when we have no batterys left to use or buy !!

Nigel

No it won't.

Why not? Litchi exists because DJI made their SDK available to outside developers for app development. So ergo they are encouraging this - a smart move on their part IMO.

I'm not sure how litchi communicates with DJI but I do know that litchi says to be connected to the internet the first time you launch it so it can activate with DJI servers

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm not sure how litchi communicates with DJI but I do know that litchi says to be connected to the internet the first time you launch it so it can activate with DJI servers

Yes I'm aware of this but this is different to you being able to log in to your DJI account or activate your craft from Litchi which was what solentlife was originally referring to.

Ok then surely modding shouldn't be allowed to be discussed but there are loads of threads about it

Perhaps this will clear things up:

Forum Rules and Regulations

Look at the reports of them just sending out refurbs
Apple does this. It's a lot faster to send out a refurb that's already tested. Occasionally you can score a new one apparently (I guess if they happen to run out of refurbs)

instead of getting to the root of the problem
Well if they don't how could they send out itemised repair invoices? Again same with Apple et al.

Answer, fly and enjoy, why would you need their support once the warranty is done with.
+1. Although you would hope that parts will continue to be available somehow.

Reactions: kirk2579
I was following this thread from the start, but about 2 pages ago it got way off track.......several tracks too.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Like most threads they do wander off track.

It has developed into a general free-for all ... no worries. At least its all friendly.

Nigel

I agree sending out refurbs is not a bad idea ... but some of the reports of the refurb being as bad or WORSE than the original one sent in !!

As to Litchi login ... thr connection to Internet as mentioned by another is what I meant and must have misunderstood Litchi's meaning by it.

Nigel

Same here... why would you want to use a regular LiPo charger?
The only semi-valid argument I can see is speed: the default P3S charger is rated only at 57W, which - at 17.5V - means just over 3A. With P3 batteries at 4480mAh, that's less than 0.7C charging. DJI sells a 100W charger, which means 5.7A and about 1.2C: not great (even the cheapest HobbyKing pack can take 2C, nowadays), but definitely an improvement.
And with P3 batteries in the $100 range, do we really want to push them beyond that?
On the negative, since you have no access to the balance points of the 4S pack, your LiPo charger would not be able to balance the cells.
Is the charger built into the P3 batteries known for doing a poor job in this respect? Has anyone opened a battery and monitored voltage/amps across the 4 cells to see what type of charging cycle it goes through?

It's all about the physics, materials, and chemistry which, in turn, requires an understanding of the specific battery's construction, internal regulator circuits (if any), and ability to dissipate heat. You also have to factor in what a particular charger's impact will be on overall battery life vs improving charging times.

What makes DJI's battery "smart" appears to be its ability to intelligently predict battery life and to self-discharge at user designated intervals. So whether more is faster and better vs impact appears yet to be proven (unless that data is posted elsewhere. I'm not inclined to do that research [so sue me]. But I'm interested in knowing.)

No its i should not sound off on here ... its not this forums job to have this.

I shall carry on testing - I'm in Dubai waiting to go home Saturday ... so back on Phantom Testing shortly.

Daz - had a marvelous trip to Plymouth last weekend - met a girlfriend from 40 odd years ago when I was at college there. We all chat with people but rarely do we TALK ... I had all day with her and we had a wonderful talk and down memory lane ... I'm going back for her Birthday later in the year. My Russian wife is all for it and supportive ... Amazing.

Nigel
Dubai?? How is it?? I sold everything I own to travel the world. 3 and a half years ago I was a homeless drunk, living behind dumpsters in the States!! But I gave my life to Christ almost 4 years ago and haven't looked back!! I am now in Israel and seen a guy the other day that showed me his footage while flying his DJI 4, so like a dummy, I bought one. Now my whole round-the-world trip plans have changed, because I now have a travel buddy!! Lol
And I was thinking about heading over to Dubai??

Dubai ... like SIngapore ... Houston ... and many other places - concrete steel glass and traffic. They are no longer my favourite places.

I remember Dubai .. Singapore and so on the 70's ..... THEN they were good places to be ... now ? Just business centres with no real feel.

I only go due to having office there and clients there.

Nigel

I'm always surprised by that.................. frequent posts about using a Litchi app which I didn't think they'd allow or want to encourage.

DJI supplies the info needed to Litchi for it to work
just like they do with healthy Drones etc.

they are aware of moding and updating and encourage it.
the owners of the p2's pretty much mapped out the updates to the P3 with their mods and improvements.

However not having read the op post I think the links to other stuff may be the issue more than verbal content.

It's all about the physics, materials, and chemistry which, in turn, requires an understanding of the specific battery's construction, internal regulator circuits (if any), and ability to dissipate heat. You also have to factor in what a particular charger's impact will be on overall battery life vs improving charging times.

What makes DJI's battery "smart" appears to be its ability to intelligently predict battery life and to self-discharge at user designated intervals. So whether more is faster and better vs impact appears yet to be proven (unless that data is posted elsewhere. I'm not inclined to do that research [so sue me]. But I'm interested in knowing.)

Inaccuracies aside, what's your point?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl