So fed up with Litchi

Reaction score
P...d off actually.

Worked perfectly on my P4P in the past 3 months. Did about 8-9 pano without problem.

For the last 3 pano that I tried, including today on a job, it keeps failing.

Litchi app (iPad) updated. P4P and r/c updated with latest firmware.

In all past 3 cases (1st issue 1 week ago), using Litchi I take off and position myself for the Pano. Start Pano and it doesn't take photos, or takes 1 or 2 and interrupt mission. I re-start mission and again after a certain amount of photos, interrupt mission and drone hovers in position.
In 1 case, drone tried to land at location where it was overing and not even RTH.

Is Autopilot working well for all? I want my $ back from Litchi but can't find an email address. Trying to contact them through their FB page.

Frustrated.

On Litchi's website:" Warning March 7th, 2017 - There is currently an issue with the latest firmware for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v0
1.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418) where the drone will fly erratically in some of Litchi’s flight modes. If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected. "

I think maybe more things were affected, and they claim it's DJI's fault. Hmmm who to believe? DJI always furnishes bugfree updates right? And is great at full disclosure and excellent support too right?

It worked perfectly for three months and you now have a potential glitch in one flight mode so expecting to get a refined? LOL. It's early days for the P4P, both autopilot and issues have problems with the current SDK/firmware (DJI's fault). Maybe you should ask for a refund in the P4P? Seriously- if this is a litchi issue they will sort it out. In the meantime just shoot the pano's manually, it's faster in most cases anyway.

If you purchased through iTunes store, simply find your email receipt...click "report problem" link and request your $ back. It will be refunded 99% of the time. Makes me wonder if I actually want to buy it now based off of your experience. :/

I received an email from Litchi stating that DJI needed to fix a firmware issue to not use in some flight modes because it will fly erratically on the P4.

Reactions: Lgibson100
It worked perfectly for three months and you now have a potential glitch in one flight mode so expecting to get a refined? LOL. It's early days for the P4P, both autopilot and issues have problems with the current SDK/firmware (DJI's fault). Maybe you should ask for a refund in the P4P? Seriously- if this is a litchi issue they will sort it out. In the meantime just shoot the pano's manually, it's faster in most cases anyway.

Chill Bill.
I'll be shooting manual of course, but I have purchased an app at $35 and if theres a problem I wish Litchi customer service to let me know.
But yes, its not a life issue. Not like I can't live without it.
Was just frustrated. Got over it.

Thanks a ton Eddyfisher for the info.

Reactions: Eddyfisher
In your account at Litchi you have to turn on to get email news from them. If you didn't that is why they didn't send you the email.

I know how you feel btw, not so long ago we had an issue where autopilot would not initiate RTH on signal lost (this was also a problem on the DJI side) and had to wait through several DJI firmware releases before it was resolved. Frustrating wasn't the word for it. Now we again have an issue where both autopilot and litchi are impacted. According to litchi PANO mode isn't afectect. If you like litchii wait it out, it will be resolved.

I am chilled.

I know how you feel btw, not so long ago we had an issue where autopilot would not initiate RTH on signal lost (this was also a problem on the DJI side) and had to wait through several DJI firmware releases before it was resolved. Frustrating wasn't the word for it. Now we again have an issue where both autopilot and litchi are impacted. According to litchi PANO mode isn't afectect. If you like litchii wait it out, it will be resolved.

I am chilled.

Thanks man, Yes, I'll have to wait out. I picked Litchi because most droners said it was easier to use than Autopilot. I guess I just need to have both, since I am mostly using my Phantom for work.

Thanks man, Yes, I'll have to wait out. I picked Litchi because most droners said it was easier to use than Autopilot. I guess I just need to have both, since I am mostly using my Phantom for work.
Autopilot has current issues also.... DJi's firmware has caused problems there as well.

Autopilot has current issues also.... DJi's firmware has caused problems there as well.
Yes don't use autopilot at this time. I almost lost my drone using autopilot because of this issue the other day. Drone spontaneously went into autoland and I could not cancel the action.

Have doing real estate shoots using Litchi pano. All of a sudden it starts gaining altitude watch it for awhile..would respond to my down control. Switched to sport and got it stopped. Happened 3 times yesterday and every shoot today. Have a P4...not a pro or mavic. Is this what there talking about ?

Have doing real estate shoots using Litchi pano. All of a sudden it starts gaining altitude watch it for awhile..would respond to my down control. Switched to sport and got it stopped. Happened 3 times yesterday and every shoot today. Have a P4...not a pro or mavic. Is this what there talking about ?
no- we are talking about the SDK/firmware issue with litchi and the P4P (includes mavic and inspire 2)....

I feel your pain. I had to go back to the P3P for panos using Litchi.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl