Smart phone list for the Vision 2

Reaction score
So, bought a Vision 2 after reading many sites and posts and all that I saw was, "iphone or android compatible." No where did I see, "not compatible with all smart phones." I have an LG-P925 3D android which I thought was at the time, (1 1/2 years ago) the top of the line upgrade from my flip phone & now it is not able to connect to the vision 2. My work phone, a samsung SGH-1547 works but not sure if company will let me use it for FPV. Is there a list of android phones that will/will not work with the vision 2? Even if I have to buy a phone with out an activation fee for phone use or text and stuff, just to use as a FPV, I would be okay with that as long as I knew it would work with the vision 2.

Thanks!

Barry
Oakland, Ky.

There is a list ... it's either on DJI's website or perhaps in the manual (available on-line). But you have to go looking for it.

I'll see if I can find it when I'm back at home base. I had a Samsung Galaxy SII - no go. Had to get (at least) a Galaxy SIII.

Here 'tis ... includes an email address to ask about others.

It's not very extensive or specific. I imagine there are many others that will work. Perhaps members here can post what they have that's not listed but that works.

Attachments

• PhantomPhones.jpg
    PhantomPhones.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 586
bearmans said:
So, bought a Vision 2 after reading many sites and posts and all that I saw was, "iphone or android compatible." No where did I see, "not compatible with all smart phones." I have an LG-P925 3D android which I thought was at the time, (1 1/2 years ago) the top of the line upgrade from my flip phone & now it is not able to connect to the vision 2. My work phone, a samsung SGH-1547 works but not sure if company will let me use it for FPV. Is there a list of android phones that will/will not work with the vision 2? Even if I have to buy a phone with out an activation fee for phone use or text and stuff, just to use as a FPV, I would be okay with that as long as I knew it would work with the vision 2.

Thanks!

Barry
Oakland, Ky.

If your work phone works, then use it. For FPV you don't need to have the cell radio on. Put it into aeroplane mode (oh, ok "airplane" if you must) then activate wifi only. You're only connecting to the Vision's range extender then and your employer won't see any activity on your phone account at all... saves buying another phone!

I forgot to mention that I have an iPad 2 that seems to work ... the app loaded and it works in the house, sitting on the bench. I haven't tried it outside yet as I don't have a (controller) mount and before I mess with trying to rig one I want to make sure it works "for real". I expect I'll have my assistant (she's not around to see this is she?) play iPad holder/operator for a flight or two and see how it goes.

Thanks for the info. I bought a Samsung tablet with a 7" screen yesterday and without trying it out, I went ahead and made an extension to the smart phone holder. Well, the tablet did not have enough processor power and the real time video was all pixelated. So, gave it to the wife & bought a ATT no contract smart phone for $75.00, took my mods off the holder and all is well Real time is good as is replay. just need to buy a micro SD card to increase the 2gig that is on the phone. What's nice too is that the phone connects to my wi-fi at home for the internet, has camera & video & if needed, 911 calling... Fits in my Tradecraft case in one of the extra battery slots so don't need to carry it seperate from the Phantom.. Happy camper here! Here is a link to a video shot today.

http://youtu.be/9nN2-eVqzL4

Thanks again for the help.

Barry

I mentioned my iPad 2 above. It is not listed in DJI's documentation as a supported device. I used it today in lieu of my smartphone. It seemed to work just fine, the only caveat being that it needed to be kept in fairly close proximity to the repeater on the controller in order to not lose the connection to the camera. My wife was holding/operating the iPad and if I walked more than 30' or so away from where she stood, the connection would be lost.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl