Smallest backpack that fits a P2+?

Reaction score
I have the one the fits everything with room to spare (18 x 14 x 9), but does anyone know of an even more compact one??

TIA!

Yep, that's the one I already have. Actually could be quite a bit smaller.....lots of padding around the compartments.

I use a standard Nike backpack 18"/12"/8" and carry my P2V+ on airplanes as a Personal Item (in addition to my a roll aboard carry on for all my clothing etc). I carry the P2V+, 3 batteries, controller, 2 sets of props, iPad Air plus a Hoodi screen shade, several other cameras, camera gear, snacks, plus......all in the Nike Backpack.

I've travelled international all over Europe with no problems.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 725
Sits in my car everyday.
Been in the overhead compartments.
Been on a 3hr trek
Has hidden raincoat.
Its pretty sturdy.
Has quick top access and side access.

DJI%20Phantom%20Bag%20with%20props.jpg

DJI%20PHantom%20Bag%20Full%20Load.jpg

DJI%20Phantom%20Half%20Load.jpg

DJI%20Phantom%20Bag%20Side.jpg

RedRyderMedia said:
I use a standard Nike backpack 18"/12"/8" and carry my P2V+ on airplanes as a Personal Item (in addition to my a roll aboard carry on for all my clothing etc). I carry the P2V+, 3 batteries, controller, 2 sets of props, iPad Air plus a Hoodi screen shade, several other cameras, camera gear, snacks, plus......all in the Nike Backpack.

Nice! Did you use the packing material from the OEM box?? That's the way I was thinking of trying to pack it, but I never thought of that!! I just ordered another cheap backpack to cut up the foam inserts to fit a smaller backpack, but it's really just the camera that needs to be protected.

Mako79 said:
Sits in my car everyday.
Been in the overhead compartments.
Been on a 3hr trek
Has hidden raincoat.
Its pretty sturdy.
Has quick top access and side access.

Could work for me, too. Who makes the backpack?

Its a kingkong 2 40 series.

Mako79 said:
rbhamilton said:
I've been trying to find one too. I punched in Kingkong 2 40 into Amazon and came up with this link:

http://www.amazon.com/Facncier-KingKong ... B00H3G5AWC

But that doesn't look right. No straps and wrong shape. Would you happen to have a valid link?

I got mine from a shop in Australia.

Try this:
http://www.amazon.com/Fancier-KingKong- ... ingkong+40

Thanks! They have a shop in the US too. Got mine on order. I plan to put the drone in it then take off on the Jet Ski down the Colorado River. Might not happen until spring though.

Dcpmark said:
RedRyderMedia said:

Nice! Did you use the packing material from the OEM box?? That's the way I was thinking of trying to pack it, but I never thought of that!! I just ordered another cheap backpack to cut up the foam inserts to fit a smaller backpack, but it's really just the camera that needs to be protected.

Yes, just cut up the oem molded package insert. Factory protection for the gimbal and camera. I used aerosol spray can construction foam from Home Depot to fill the voids and strengthen the insert. Super light but super strong.

I bought a Nikon D3200 for my girlfriend that came with a free backpack. I'm not sure if its an official Nikon bag or not but it's just the size and shape of a standard DSLR backpack (with room for lenses etc.). The Phantom fits in perfectly, albeit upside-down, with room for extra batteries, the controller, spare props etc. Has removable padding to wrap around it but if it were to get a bad bang the padding wouldn't be enough. It functions perfectly as a compact way of transporting the Phantom by foot/bike etc.

If a buddy has a DSLR backpack, ask if you can try see if it fits. Put it in upside-down, with 2 of the motors tucked in the bottom 2 corners (but only if there is adequate padding to protect them!)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl