Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Smallest backpack that fits a P2+?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Dcpmark, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Dcpmark

I have the one the fits everything with room to spare (18 x 14 x 9), but does anyone know of an even more compact one??

TIA!

2. singapore_phantom

I don't think they come any smaller than this one: http://list.qoo10.sg/g/419336641 and still offer protection. It's the one I have now. Decent quality at a decent price. Holds my complete P2V+ and some spare bits and bobs.

3. Dcpmark

Yep, that's the one I already have. Actually could be quite a bit smaller.....lots of padding around the compartments.

4. RedRyderMedia

I use a standard Nike backpack 18"/12"/8" and carry my P2V+ on airplanes as a Personal Item (in addition to my a roll aboard carry on for all my clothing etc). I carry the P2V+, 3 batteries, controller, 2 sets of props, iPad Air plus a Hoodi screen shade, several other cameras, camera gear, snacks, plus......all in the Nike Backpack.

I've travelled international all over Europe with no problems.

Attached Files:

5. Mako79

Sits in my car everyday.
    Been in the overhead compartments.
    Been on a 3hr trek
    Has hidden raincoat.
    Its pretty sturdy.
    Has quick top access and side access.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Dcpmark

Nice! Did you use the packing material from the OEM box?? That's the way I was thinking of trying to pack it, but I never thought of that!! I just ordered another cheap backpack to cut up the foam inserts to fit a smaller backpack, but it's really just the camera that needs to be protected.

7. Dcpmark

Could work for me, too. Who makes the backpack?

8. Mako79

Its a kingkong 2 40 series.

9. rbhamilton

10. Mako79

11. rbhamilton

Thanks! They have a shop in the US too. Got mine on order. I plan to put the drone in it then take off on the Jet Ski down the Colorado River. Might not happen until spring though.

12. RedRyderMedia

Yes, just cut up the oem molded package insert. Factory protection for the gimbal and camera. I used aerosol spray can construction foam from Home Depot to fill the voids and strengthen the insert. Super light but super strong.

13. smokiespliff

I bought a Nikon D3200 for my girlfriend that came with a free backpack. I'm not sure if its an official Nikon bag or not but it's just the size and shape of a standard DSLR backpack (with room for lenses etc.). The Phantom fits in perfectly, albeit upside-down, with room for extra batteries, the controller, spare props etc. Has removable padding to wrap around it but if it were to get a bad bang the padding wouldn't be enough. It functions perfectly as a compact way of transporting the Phantom by foot/bike etc.

If a buddy has a DSLR backpack, ask if you can try see if it fits. Put it in upside-down, with 2 of the motors tucked in the bottom 2 corners (but only if there is adequate padding to protect them!)