Sj4000 action cam being shipped. Standby for review.

Reaction score
Ok guys as the title suggests I will be reviewing this little action cam as a gopro alternative. I will give a Phantom 1 specific review of this in the coming weeks. As I don't have a Gopro I will not be comparing this to my Faux pro as I like to call it.

I have had one for a few months and can't complain about it. I am using a Walkera G-2D brushless gimbal with pretty good results on my Phantom 1

There's some new Firmware for it which is supposed to improve the stills somewhat.
(a definite weak area, it seems better to screengrab from video)

Read about it here carefully though to get the right version - translation option on right.
http://metropolitanmonkey.blogspot.de/p ... mware.html

The latest one now seems to be able to output video for FPV in TV Mode after doing this update.
Presumably while recording.

Mine is the older type so TV Mode has not appeared, however the JPGs have improved immensely from *Meh* almost unusable to rather good.
The auto white balance seems to make things a bit blue.
If you set it on cloudy it's a little yellow but generally better for most scenes (outdoors anyway)

10000002.jpg

Does it have the same backplane connector as the GoPro Hero3+? I.e., can it be plugged into a Zenmuse gimbal?

Kelly

ive just bought this camera for my phantom v1.1.1 the newer phantom 1 with dual anttena's ect...

problem is whenever i try to use it i get massive gps interfernce i turn phantom on wait till i get all green flashing lights and home point set the when i switch the camera on all i get is 1 green 3 red lights for gps

no doesnt have wifi the camera is brilliant to be honest

yes could try some foil under the phantom but could end up interfering with the signal to the transmitter are the compass

there is no other interference tho??

phantom gets gps with no problems sets its home position i get all green lights untill i switch camera on then 3 red 1 green

the camera doesnt even have to be on the quad i can be stood near the quad with camera switched on and it strts to interfere with the gps module

so ive wrapped it in foil and all works now brilliant only gave it a quick test as its very windy here in sheffield but yes it works well

The folks who fly the vision series have telemetry data such as the number of sats. There have been reports of loss of Sats when camera recording is turned on. There is a fix, but not to wrap the camera in foil, but instead shield your gps module from camera wifi spray that might be interfering with the gps.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19099

Since pilots of Version 1 and FC40 have no indication of how well the gps module is working in most instances, we might not have seen the drop of the number of sats reported by the Phantom 2 Vision +.

I have a role of aluminum foil tape that I will try after I get a good camera.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl