Show off your CUSTOM, MODIFIED, TRICKED OUT Phantoms

Voyager11 said:
Here just a little example of some design work I do to these little gems. With multiple layers of clear coat you can make your phantom pop out. Oh and it does not add weight that your batteries will notice.

This is killer...

Carbon Fiber LG, Extended motor mounts, T-Motor Anti Gravity motors and Props, Fiber Prop Guards, Fatshark FPV. Polished out body

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 1,641
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 1,647
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,610
Retroman said:
This is very much a work in progress but it's what I have at the moment.

zf5n.jpg

Full size pic: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/4496/7b78.jpg

bfyu.jpg

Full size pic: http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/602/y618.jpg

The top of the Phantom(and bottom of tx) is done in gunmetal acrylic spray paint(looks better in person than on the pics). It's got a Garmin GTU 10 gps tracker on the side and an tiny rfid tracker on the other side. The Garmin gets me close to the phantom if its lost and the rfid will bring me right to it with its tracker, beeper and small flashing led.
Custom carbon landing skids as well from ebay and the obligatory carbon props.

I think it looks ok with the top in gunmetal and the bottom in its normal white. But I actually just ran out of paint and that's the real reason it looks that way :D
Top needs another go over with a bit of paint to make it perfect but I'll wait until next week to do that.

Would you mind sharing some specifics about the RFID tracker (brand/model/source/cost)?

Set up was too heavy. Flew like a piece of plywood. Extended Motor mounts did nothing except add weight. LG stable but not near worth the weight trade off. Pics show current setup which I'm very happy with.

Attachments

• IMG_2764.JPG
    IMG_2764.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,318
  • IMG_2765.JPG
    IMG_2765.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,301
  • IMG_2766.JPG
    IMG_2766.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,310
Anyone done anything w/High Visibilty paints?

EMCSQUAR said:

Not yet, but it's been on my list of things to look in to. My concerns are the weight it would add (more than "regular" paint, I'm guessing), as well as the properties of whatever is blended in the paint to make it reflective (metallic?)

OI Photography said:
EMCSQUAR said:

Not yet, but it's been on my list of things to look in to. My concerns are the weight it would add (more than "regular" paint, I'm guessing), as well as the properties of whatever is blended in the paint to make it reflective (metallic?)
I thought paint weight would be an issue too, but a few people have told me that their before/after weights were within a gram or two...essentially nothing. There's more difference between my sets of identical props :)

Now, if you slather on 4-5 coats of gloss and clear coat...

ElGuano said:
OI Photography said:
EMCSQUAR said:

I thought paint weight would be an issue too, but a few people have told me that their before/after weights were within a gram or two...essentially nothing. There's more difference between my sets of identical props :)

Now, if you slather on 4-5 coats of gloss and clear coat...

Awesome, glad to hear it! Maybe I will end up with a flying stop sign after all :D

I was just curious. I lose sight of mine easily in daylight and the "camo" ones have to be impossible to find in brush or the occassional tree top landing...

Here is my Baby....

I printed a Urban camo pattern on car grade wrapping vinyl, then applied it to the top shell.

Attachments

• photo 5-resized.JPG
    photo 5-resized.JPG
    465.5 KB · Views: 822
  • photo 4-resized.JPG
    photo 4-resized.JPG
    416.7 KB · Views: 872
Voyager11 said:
Here just a little example of some design work I do to these little gems. With multiple layers of clear coat you can make your phantom pop out. Oh and it does not add weight that your batteries will notice.

That is really beautiful.... What do you charge for a custom paint job like that?

Awesome camo job... I went Hi Vis

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 860
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 900
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 829
I'm glad this post got bumped because I was *this* close to making a thread dedicated for pics

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor