Should I update?

Reaction score
Hey,

I know a lot of other users already asked that, but ..

I bought my P3A two days ago, got used to it very quickly, well it's no surprise as I started with the Parrot bebop (quadcopter too.. Such a pile of sh* though)

Each time I open the app to start a flight, it tells me I need to update. Should I really do that? The bird works extremely well, I had no issues with it, no disconnection, no lag, nothing. Basically what does the new version have? I'm hesitating cause I saw a lot of users are having trouble with the newest V.

The current firmware contains a few bugs that DJI is working out. I'd suggest you wait for the new release. Some people are saying it'll be out soon, but DJI never really tells us beforehand.

Reactions: Jorovi and ScottyT
I updated my brand new P3 to version 1.2.6 and when I went to update the controller using the micro SD, nothing happens, it never goes to a blue led !?

+1 for waiting. If it works ok now, just ignore those warnings in the app for now.

They list "various bug fixes" in the last update, so who knows what they think they fixed and whether or not you actually need to update. With DJI firmware the latest doesn't always seem to be the best, hence why they will be introducing a means to roll back in future.

Don't believe there was much in the way of added features in the last update, but there were definitely added bugs.

If you want an unstable drone with warranty - update. If you want a stable drone without any warranty - just wait.

If you want an unstable drone with warranty - update. If you want a stable drone without any warranty - just wait.

Many people report their drone is less precise after updating, it will constantly sway a few feet around where it is supposed to hover, for instance.
And there also are other problems with the newest firmware

Don't update your drone till DJI comes out with a proper one.

Reactions: Jorovi and tvckz
You obviously don't read the threads. Many people report their drone is less precise after updating, it will constantly sway a few feet around where it is supposed to hover, for instance.
And there also are other problems with the newest firmware, just read the forum dude.

You don't understand, he is logical. He reads the forums

Reactions: flax
You obviously don't read the threads. Many people report their drone is less precise after updating, it will constantly sway a few feet around where it is supposed to hover, for instance.
And there also are other problems with the newest firmware, just read the forum dude.

Am I? May be you do not read. I am saying it is not stable after update, it drifts. Flax out please.

Reactions: flax
Oops, I read it wrong, I was too quick sorry, I altered my post, maybe jcknows0 can alter my quote accordingly :p

:eek::oops:o_O

Reactions: tvckz
Hey,

I know a lot of other users already asked that, but ..

I bought my P3A two days ago, got used to it very quickly, well it's no surprise as I started with the Parrot bebop (quadcopter too.. Such a pile of sh* though)

Each time I open the app to start a flight, it tells me I need to update. Should I really do that? The bird works extremely well, I had no issues with it, no disconnection, no lag, nothing. Basically what does the new version have? I'm hesitating cause I saw a lot of users are having trouble with the newest V.

Do NOT update if you are on firmware 1.1.9 or below it is NOT necessary. The 1.2.6 and 1.2.8 firmware have proved problematic for many and it is not worth the risk given how reliable 1.1.9 already is. Wait until a newer firmware is out and tested for no less than a couple of weeks before considering an update. Ignore any trolls who will tell you otherwise.

Reactions: Jorovi
Oops, I read it wrong, I was too quick sorry, I altered my post, maybe jcknows0 can alter my quote accordingly :p

:eek::oops:o_O
If only. I would have censored AbsPapa long ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing