Shooting in 4K issues

Reaction score
New to the Drome world...

I can not shoot in 4K, when I do the play back on the sd card is very jerky, freezes ans pixals all over the screen. I put a Samsung 128 gb sd card in but its the same issue. It might be my computer ? I just don't know.

I have a 4K tv but I do not understand how to get it over to it ?

This probly sounds rather stupid to thoes who have a better understanding on this type of systems.

Anyone having some advice would be greatly appreciated...

THX...Allen

You are right. The issue is your computer that can't handle the 4k video. My computer has the same problem.

You are right. The issue is your computer that can't handle the 4k video. My computer has the same problem.

Is there any way I can view 4K on my tv set ?

I just found out you can view it on the rc and it works good, can I connect my rc to my tv and view 4K that way ?

Last edited:
Yes there is a way. Buy and install the HDMI module for the controller. Then just connect controller to TV via HDMI Cable. May be wrong, but pretty sure the video on the rc/ tablet or phone is only 720p not 4K though. Again not being a whole lot of help, but isn't there a way to upload 4K videos to YouTube?

Did not know they made this type of sd card...
Thanks for your reply, I will get one and try it...
Sorry to interject here but that MAY help (getting a new SD card) but I'd establish exactly what the problem is before spending money on the off chance. I suggest a few things:
- most modern TVs have an SD card reader built in - perhaps yours does & you could put the SD card from Phantom into TV to view the video?
- if no SD Reader in TV, a USB to SD adaptor is very cheap and the tV will have a USB port, put SD card via that & play video.
- the size of the SD card will make no difference to the playback performance, it will only affect how much data, (how long the video) it can hold.
- from your description, it's likely the playback problem is the PC. Ask around friends and family if someone has a modern (powerful) PC / laptop to try play your video - but 4K is very demanding on most PCs.
- let us know what format you are recording in ( if in doubt try set to MP4)
- let us know exact details of your 128 SD card - it may not be fast enough, which is why I'm asking.
- is your tv a 4K tv?
Hope this helps

Last edited:

With due respect that MAY be the problem, but insufficient info to jump to conclusions yet, let's get some details and verify assumption. [emoji6]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart