4k bad video

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but bear with me..
I just got my P3P. I shot a video, and downloaded it onto my computer (with an SD card reader)
It seams as if the trees are flashing (barely noticeable, but there)
So I cast it to my TV and its worse. Seems like a line in the background going left to right.

Long story short, is my brand new (refurbished) P3P camera messed up, or is my computer and phone too slow and stupid to process 4k video?

Thanks

I'd suspect that both your computer and TV are not able to process 4K video. The image on your phone/device will be of a much lower resolution in any case so don't use that as a guide. Try filming in 2.7k and see how that works on your computer, my TV is only good for 1080, so I render my videos accordingly if I want to watch anything of interest.

We're you flying fast because you might have captured your blades on camera. How about sharing the video so I can see what is wrong.

I have gotten the answer on another forum and then confirmed it by looking it up on you tube. Apparently alot of folks have the same problem. It has todo with the way the phantom compresses 4k video. It's a known hardware issue, with no true fix.. (although it can be fixed in post-production). It's disappointing.

Yea mate mine is the same,,when I put my videos on Facebook or if I do a Facebook live,,then the picture is crap,,what would be the best way to put my videos on Facebook in the best quality,,,I mostly film in 4K at 30fps

This may be a dumb question, but bear with me..
I just got my P3P. I shot a video, and downloaded it onto my computer (with an SD card reader)
It seams as if the trees are flashing (barely noticeable, but there)
So I cast it to my TV and its worse. Seems like a line in the background going left to right.

Long story short, is my brand new (refurbished) P3P camera messed up, or is my computer and phone too slow and stupid to process 4k video?

Thanks
Do you have a UHD (4K) computer, capable of resolving UHD and a UHD monitor? Do you have a UHD (4K) TV? If the answer is "no" to these questions, you'll never be able to playback the videos in UHD and will have problems playing these back. There's nothing wrong with the way the phantom "compresses" 4k video.

Yea mate mine is the same,,when I put my videos on Facebook or if I do a Facebook live,,then the picture is crap,,what would be the best way to put my videos on Facebook in the best quality,,,I mostly film in 4K at 30fps

The reason is because Facebook live is "crap" is because its using the low quality video stream, which is compressed further further still via Facebook. You'll never be able to stream a broadcast in HD, let alone UHD....

Last edited:
Reactions: Vichian-Bruno
I no the Facebook live will be crap but what would be the best way to get the best quality by just normal videos that I would want to upload on to my Facebook

I no the Facebook live will be crap but what would be the best way to get the best quality by just normal videos that I would want to upload on to my Facebook

I normally upload to youtube and then put the link to the video in the FB post, you can also use sites like Vimeo

Reactions: Numone
Do u upload it from the memory card in to your laptop or do u upload it though the dji go app

Do u upload it from the memory card in to your laptop or do u upload it though the dji go app
You can't upload the SD card files via GO. And if you're using a laptop, I'm pretty sure that it won't even run a 4k video, let alone being able to edit it/compress it for upload to Youtube.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20