Shaky 3dpower gimbal?

Awfullynicefella said:
Still waiting on mine to arrive. Did you get the power lead and how easy has it been to fit/set up?

this is the original taco gimbal with the directpower upgrade kit.. not the newest one that they just came out with. if I can just get these settings correct, it will be alright..im missing something here but cant figure it out.

I don't have this gimbal, this could be a tuning issue, but based on my experience with other gimbals it could be a damper (too soft) issue. Just a guess. If you don't have damper adjusters, you could try foam ear plugs.

Good luck.

The constant slight vibrations in the video seems to be pointing at the dampers as the issue.

Do you have the damper protectors installed? If you do, then try tightening (if they are loose) or loosen them (if they are too tight)

That will probably solve the vibration issue.

amkorp said:
The constant slight vibrations in the video seems to be pointing at the dampers as the issue.

Do you have the damper protectors installed? If you do, then try tightening (if they are loose) or loosen them (if they are too tight)

That will probably solve the vibration issue.

ok, I think you are right..i didn't order the damper protectors but I did tighten the dampers with zip ties..that helped the shaking but now there is a slight jello effect. Going to order the damper protectors now. thanks!

does anybody know where I can order these damper protectors stateside?

Awfullynicefella said:
Tizzle,

Is it a case of just fitting the gamble or do you have to do any software stuff?

yes you have to load the taco rc gimbal profile through the SimpleBGC gui. I caught hell trying to get it right because for some reason, my gimbal board would not load the profile..not even sure how I got it to work, but after messing around with it for a few hours it finally loaded. I "think" I hit the reset button on the gimbal board and then reloaded the profile, but im not sure..all of a sudden it just started working. I think im going to leave well enough alone and not mess with anymore settings. I believe all I need now are the damper protectors which I just ordered on ebay.

Thanks, I will look forward to that when it arrives! Hopefully the dampers are your solution, I ordered them with the gimble.

loosened the zip ties on the gimbal a bit and that seemed to help it more.. still have a bit of jello though.. uploading another video.

You have the same issue i did when yawing the camera stays tilted. that is because the IMU is not sitting in a vertical position in the slot the Remedy: Is to take a piece of paper fold it and fit it behind the IMU to get it in a vertical position and do a test flight. if is good and no roll showing on the video when you yaw. then use a little dap of hot glue on two sides of the IMU careful with putting too much that goes in the board.

rfernandez said:
You have the same issue i did when yawing the camera stays tilted. that is because the IMU is not sitting in a vertical position in the slot the Remedy: Is to take a piece of paper fold it and fit it behind the IMU to get it in a vertical position and do a test flight. if is good and no roll showing on the video when you yaw. then use a little dap of hot glue on two sides of the IMU careful with putting too much that goes in the board.

im not sure what you are referring to. I purposely had the camera tilting down and not level during this last video. unless im missing something with what you are saying.

rfernandez said:

ok, where is this IMU? sorry dude, im new to this gimbal thing..i appreciate you helping me tremendously!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl