Shaky 3dpower gimbal?

Before hot gluing the IMU, you might consider doing a 6-axis calibration. Lot's easier to do (and with much better results) by taping the IMU to the top of a box. It's not required, just a thought (before making removing the IMU more difficult.)

Tizzl10 & Richard,

I am also trying to setup the existing 3DPower Gimbal (not their latest plug & play) with direct power upgrade kit.

I also get a pitch control cable from Taco but when I connect to the Gimbal through the original P2V cable (which is supposed to connect to the DJI camera pitch control board), the camera vibrates non-stop. When I disconnect this cable (but not touching/replacing the F2 port yet), the camera's vibration is much controlled upon power up.

Camera stays horizontal without pitch control. However, the camera still jumps intermittenly when it reach the maximum roll on each side but I have not set up the SimpleBGC GUI v2.2b2 yet.

What paremters inside the GUI do you both use ? I remember someone stating that the power setting should be set below 10. Not sure what that means.

Could you explain how the GUI setting affect the Gimbal performance ? Did you both replace the F2 port with Taco supplied adapter cable ?

Raymond

Raymond.HK said:
Tizzl10 & Richard,

I am also trying to setup the existing 3DPower Gimbal (not their latest plug & play) with direct power upgrade kit.

I also get a pitch control cable from Taco but when I connect to the Gimbal through the original P2V cable (which is supposed to connect to the DJI camera pitch control board), the camera vibrates non-stop. When I disconnect this cable (but not touching/replacing the F2 port yet), the camera's vibration is much controlled upon power up.

Camera stays horizontal without pitch control. However, the camera still jumps intermittenly when it reach the maximum roll on each side but I have not set up the SimpleBGC GUI v2.2b2 yet.

What paremters inside the GUI do you both use ? I remember someone stating that the power setting should be set below 10. Not sure what that means.

Could you explain how the GUI setting affect the Gimbal performance ? Did you both replace the F2 port with Taco supplied adapter cable ?

Raymond

I think you're problem is the controller from the phantom is trying to control the tilt same as the Basecam. Try setting all the gimbal gains to 0, or maybe .5 in the phantom assistant software to see if that helps.

Raymond.HK said:
Tizzl10 & Richard,

Raymond

yeah its a pain in the ***, but sure beats the hell out of waiting 8 months for a rotorpixel..anywhoo, this is what I THINK I did.. I cannot be certain of this but its worth a try..i screwed around with this thing for 3-4 hours today and finally got it working somewhat.

-zero out the gimbal settings in phantom assistant
-hit reset button on your gimbal controller
-launch SIMPLEGBC gui, connect to your board and load the taco rc profile (also keep in mind you have to connect your usb to the gimbal..not through the phantom..there is a usb port on the side of your gimbal.)
-calibrate the ACC in the GUI.

I believe this is what I did..

there is button on the gimbal board do not press for more that 2 sec ti will reset the board and it will go nuts and you will have to reload the original profile if you need it let me know and I will email it to you.

Hi, can someone please post pictures of the Direct Power Upgrade kit and how it connects to the original Taco? I noticed they also raised the price on those kits from $29 to $47.90! :eek:

Duke131 said:
Hi, can someone please post pictures of the Direct Power Upgrade kit and how it connects to the original Taco? I noticed they also raised the price on those kits from $29 to $47.90! :eek:

holy crap..well, here is that 47.90..yep that's it.

Attachments

• taco.jpg
    taco.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 466
  • howw.jpg
    howw.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 385
I have already set the gain to 0 in DJI Assistant Software v2.0.

I think I have figured out how reduce some of the vibrations.

1. The camera must be balanced or roughly balanced before power-up. I have talked to Mr. Mak of Taco and he confirms that the motor power is small and could not offset unbalanced camera. This is tricky, since the original camera shell is heavy on the camera side. I have to put some counterweights on the pitch motor (adding weight). I have ordered the new camera shell to see if the new shell without the velco belt could be lighter.

2. The center value of Pitch in DJI Assistant Software - Advanced - Gimbal may be set to lower value -300 instead of -400 or -500.

3. I have done 6 point calibration in GUI but forgot to press the reset button on the Gimbal Controller before doing the 6 point calibration. The original profile might be confused. Would reset the Gimbal Controller and perform the 6 point calibration again.

Even after the 6 point calibration, it is tricky to put back the IMU back to the camera shell. If I reset the Gimbal Controller again and level the camera, wouldn't the prior 6 points calibration (write already) be erased ? So what is the point of 6 point calibration ? Pls help.

Raymond

Raymond.HK said:
I have already set the gain to 0 in DJI Assistant Software v2.0.

I think I have figured out how reduce some of the vibrations.

1. The camera must be balanced or roughly balanced before power-up. I have talked to Mr. Mak of Taco and he confirms that the motor power is small and could not offset unbalanced camera. This is tricky, since the original camera shell is heavy on the camera side. I have to put some counterweights on the pitch motor (adding weight). I have ordered the new camera shell to see if the new shell without the velco belt could be lighter.

2. The center value of Pitch in DJI Assistant Software - Advanced - Gimbal may be set to lower value -300 instead of -400 or -500.

3. I have done 6 point calibration in GUI but forgot to press the reset button on the Gimbal Controller before doing the 6 point calibration. The original profile might be confused. Would reset the Gimbal Controller and perform the 6 point calibration again.

Even after the 6 point calibration, it is tricky to put back the IMU back to the camera shell. If I reset the Gimbal Controller again and level the camera, wouldn't the prior 6 points calibration (write already) be erased ? So what is the point of 6 point calibration ? Pls help.

Raymond

I may be totally off here, but I think the taco profile and your 6 point calibration are totally independent of each other..meaning the taco rc has no calibration settings on the IMU. I could be wrong there, but at any rate I would reset the gimbal controller, load the taco rc profile and then do the 6 point calibration, then write to the board.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl