Shaking Camera after crash. How to tell if gimbal is broken?

Reaction score
Hi,

I will start this like a number of post...I crashed my drone. This is a support group right?

Minimal damage, a prop basically and popping the case back together where it has slightly seperated. Later I noticed the rubber gasket had popped out where the gimbal/yaw arm attaches to the body of the drone. I popped it back in. It seems to fly fine, but the camera won't stop shaking and the drone seems to move around a lot when hovering. There were also so warning about the back sensor not working. I have tried recalibrating the imu and compass several times. I did the sensor calibration on the Assistant software. That seemed to fix the sensor error. Still the shaky cam persists. I also tried calibrating while having the drone point up. I know I've seen some threads on this issue but can't find a fix for me. Also wondering what the signs are your gimbal or yaw arm might be broken besides seeing an obvious break.

It does appear that the camera points slightly to the left now instead of straight on. I also see that just while sitting with the drone on the camera is shaking back and forth slightly.

Here is a video of it happening

IMG_3383.JPG
IMG_3384.JPG

Last edited:
Yes a Technical support group....these members are all around the world and you won't find another support site like it.....stay tuned and i'm sure that you will get some answers !

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
I had yawmotor issues as well after a crash and figured out some coils were damaged! I ordered cheap part of the motor via(copy paste link, but you probably find more links which are better for your location):

US $23.99 15% OFF|Originele GEBRUIKT Yaw Motor Voor DJI Phantom 4/4 Pro Drone Reparatie Onderdelen Gimbal Camera Motoren voor Phantom 4 /4 Pro Yaw Motor in Originele GEBRUIKT Yaw Motor Voor DJI Phantom 4/4 Pro Drone Reparatie Onderdelen Gimbal Camera Motoren voor Phantom 4 /4 Pro Yaw Motor van Drone Accessoires Kits op AliExpress.com | Alibaba Groep

I consulted this video tutorial(credits for this guy):

After this fix my gimbal was 100%

Thanks I have a yaw motor coming in the mail so good to year that perhaps that can be the answer. Was replacing it fairly easy?

I had yawmotor issues as well after a crash and figured out some coils were damaged! I ordered cheap part of the motor via(copy paste link, but you probably find more links which are better for your location):

US $23.99 15% OFF|Originele GEBRUIKT Yaw Motor Voor DJI Phantom 4/4 Pro Drone Reparatie Onderdelen Gimbal Camera Motoren voor Phantom 4 /4 Pro Yaw Motor in Originele GEBRUIKT Yaw Motor Voor DJI Phantom 4/4 Pro Drone Reparatie Onderdelen Gimbal Camera Motoren voor Phantom 4 /4 Pro Yaw Motor van Drone Accessoires Kits op AliExpress.com | Alibaba Groep

I consulted this video tutorial(credits for this guy):

After this fix my gimbal was 100%

Thanks I have a yaw motor coming in the mail so good to year that perhaps that can be the answer. Was replacing it fairly easy?

Repair was fairly easy yes but make sure you check the new part of no damaged sensors or coils before starting the repair process. Also use your old magnetcasing because this one is calibrated for your bird as mentioned in the video(this might be not the case with the new version motors but i can't confirm this). The pin came out quite easily but be careful with the coils not to damage them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart