Severe crash! Battery issue

Reaction score
So a few days ago, I was flying my drone in my neighborhood. it was several blocks away, but I could still see it. The wind started picking up so I initiated return to home. As it was coming home, i quickly turned 180 and it started spinning out of control and crashed, it needs a new body and gimbal! I believe wind caught it at the same time as I turned it and I think it caused it to flip the Phantom upside down! Anyway, I put in a battery and I got a message stating it is basically a knockoff, which it is not. Do you guys think the main board is damaged and causing it to not recognize the battery??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
So a few days ago, I was flying my drone in my neighborhood. it was several blocks away, but I could still see it. The wind started picking up so I initiated return to home. As it was coming home, i quickly turned 180 and it started spinning out of control and crashed, it needs a new body and gimbal! I believe wind caught it at the same time as I turned it and I think it caused it to flip the Phantom upside down! Anyway, I put in a battery and I got a message stating it is basically a knockoff, which it is not. Do you guys think the main board is damaged and causing it to not recognize the battery??

Make sure the battery is all the way in and is making contact with the two data pins on the aircraft. If these pins don't make contact with the corresponding data pins on the battery, it will show up as a non-DJI battery. It is also possible that during the crash, the motherboard was damaged and the data pins were disconnected from the motherboard. How is the aircraft behaving otherwise, is the battery error the only error showing up?

If you did a quick maneuver, it's possible that a prop flew off as a result of the sudden motor speed change. It's possible the wind put it in a death spiral but my gut tells me it might be more likely that it had a prop flyoff (if one was missing) or motor/esc problem (if all props were intact).

Mike

SilverFalcon I cant get past that warning to do anything else, basically when i try to have the motors rev up, that error message pops up. The original battery that was in it at the time is damaged, it wont turn off and has a crack in it. It isn't leaking, but it is outside anyway.

b4a3cc36a83fdac07ed7a029589af764.jpg
1b11c6b54102c433d7bba9526c63ac76.jpg
8ae7330e6679de74dc6c0bf16fbdb7ad.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member