Setup issues Controller joystick reversed

Reaction score
I just got my DJI Phantom 2. Went through firmware upgrades for both controller and Quadcopter. Odd things, it appears the left stick and right are reversed. Also, when taking off, if I release both joysticks the unit will not hover but tends to drift. Did correct setup and compass calibration.

Hi Peavey,

did you download the RC Assitant (besides the Phantom one..?).
http://www.dji.com/product/dt7-dr16-rc-system/download

There you'll be able to set your controller into the proper Mode. You are probably on Mode 1 (right stick is throtle + yaw) instead of Mode 2.

If I'm not understanding you correctly and it's something else, maybe you got the 'REVerse' option set on the different channels in the Phantom Assitant?

Let us know

cheers

I did download the RC Assistant. I looked at the RC setup and it turns out I am in Mode 1. Changing to Mode 2. Thanks!

I had the same issue with my P2, Peavy. I have tried both modes, and like Mode 2 best. Seems to give me the best maneuverability. Not sure why some of them come pre-set to Mode 1... I actually thought my P2 was defective, because I was trying to take off by pushing up on the left stick like the manual says. It would just tip over. Now I understand why...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl