P4P Pro v2.0 - bad Z axis issues

Reaction score
Website
www.jeffreysipress.com
On my 4th flight on my new rig (1st three went well) the Z axis (up/down) was really wanky. Upon start I would manually rise to about 30' and hover for a minute to think about my route. Then I would ascend and it would rise very quickly, but when I moved the stick to descend it would barely move and then slowly start to lower. I went up to around 100' and flew around very close to home, and it again was difficult descending. In fact it began to rise to quite a height on it's own, but the altimeter still showed it was at 35"! Getting nervous now, I tried to get it to descend manually and by pressing auto land. Very slow descent and then it accelerated to a rapid descent. I saw it racing to the ground (with all sticks neutral) and then kept hammering the left stick to stop it which didn't work in time and it crashed into the grass with only one prop broken. Put a new one io and tried again, Same thing, but I was able to stop it before crashing. It appeared that the descend commands were sort of very delayed and then became effective after the stick was neutral?? Having it move up and down on its own was outright frightening. I tried RTH on both attempts and it did not respond vertically. When I finally got it lower it did respond to the auto-land command. Only difference since last flight day was an adjustment to the joystick EXP settings to get them to be more sensitive. All the other stick movements worked fine. After the crash I reset them manually to the original values and also pressed the Reset All command as well as shutting down and re-starting. Made no difference. I also made sure It was in basic GPS mode with no special modes engaged. Is there a reset all settings for the entire controller?

It appeared that the descend commands were sort of delayed the reached max??
Most likely this is a VPS issue and not related to the stick.

I tried RTH on both attempts and it did not respond vertically. When I finally got it lower it did respond to the auto-land command.
If you are too close to the home point RTH does not function. It will land where it is when you command RTH.

If you think there is a real issue. Upload your flight log from your device to the link below and share a link to that back here and we can take a look. Instructions are on the link.

Flight Log Viewer

Reactions: Oso
On my 4th flight on my new rig (1st three went well) the Z axis (up/down) was really wanky. Upon start I would manually rise to about 30' and hover for a minute to think about my route. Then I would ascend and it would rise very quickly, but when I moved the stick to descend it would barely move and then slowly start to lower. I went up to around 100' and flew around very close to home, and it again was difficult descending. In fact it began to rise to quite a height on it's own, but the altimeter still showed it was at 35"! Getting nervous now, I tried to get it to descend manually and by pressing auto land. Very slow descent and then it accelerated to a rapid descent. I saw it racing to the ground (with all sticks neutral) and then kept hammering the left stick to stop it which didn't work in time and it crashed into the grass with only one prop broken. Put a new one io and tried again, Same thing, but I was able to stop it before crashing. It appeared that the descend commands were sort of very delayed and then became effective after the stick was neutral?? Having it move up and down on its own was outright frightening. I tried RTH on both attempts and it did not respond vertically. When I finally got it lower it did respond to the auto-land command. Only difference since last flight day was an adjustment to the joystick EXP settings to get them to be more sensitive. All the other stick movements worked fine. After the crash I reset them manually to the original values and also pressed the Reset All command as well as shutting down and re-starting. Made no difference. I also made sure It was in basic GPS mode with no special modes engaged. Is there a reset all settings for the entire controller?
Sorry about crash ,that sux,,,exp settings are touchy and we are reminded in app that only should be played with if very experienced pilot,,,I would go back to factory default settings and just do remote calibration ,,any exp changes should be made very gradually, imu calibration might also be needed after hitting the ground,,,,,bad morning read take care

Another thing to try is adjusting length of sticks,the tops adjust to make shorter or longer,that can change response of the drone aswell

Most likely this is a VPS issue and not related to the stick.
That does seem more plausible. One relatively common issue whenever a VPS concern is mentioned here on the forum is that the sensors are cover by some sort of aftermarket guard. Dawg, I know you know this so just saying for any new readers / owners such as @JeffreyS

If you are too close to the home point RTH does not function. It will land where it is when you command RTH.
This one still seems to be so widely unknown. Yes, its in the manual and mentioned here on the forum countless times but for some reason this "feature" is still overlooked often.

If you think there is a real issue. Upload your flight log from your device to the link below and share a link to that back here and we can take a look. Instructions are on the link.

Flight Log Viewer
Dawg, you are the resident rock star with giving folks these directions and being routinely the first person to review the logs. I just want to say thank you for that. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl