Setting up the Futaba T8FGS (or 14SG) with the P2

MacMan said:
I didn't mention in my previous post that the RS works fine. No delay in movement in either direction. The momentary delay is ok, it's just that I would like to shorten it by a few seconds. I'm thinking that the "SC" switch is somehow programmed to have the momentary delay before the camera begins to tilt. I may be wrong though. I will try a recalibration of X1 and be sure that I have SC in the middle. Thanks for the input.

The only time it will delay is if the combination of RS and SC is "out of range". SC and RS are tied together to feed X1. In the middle, they're both at 0. But they both have full sweep, so when one is up and the other is up, they're twice the distance that X1 supports. If both are up and you click SC down, it will take time before the combined output to X1 comes into range causing the gimbal to move.

ianwood said:
MacMan said:
I didn't mention in my previous post that the RS works fine. No delay in movement in either direction. The momentary delay is ok, it's just that I would like to shorten it by a few seconds. I'm thinking that the "SC" switch is somehow programmed to have the momentary delay before the camera begins to tilt. I may be wrong though. I will try a recalibration of X1 and be sure that I have SC in the middle. Thanks for the input.

The only time it will delay is if the combination of RS and SC is "out of range". SC and RS are tied together to feed X1. In the middle, they're both at 0. But they both have full sweep, so when one is up and the other is up, they're twice the distance that X1 supports. If both are up and you click SC down, it will take time before the combined output to X1 comes into range causing the gimbal to move.

I believe I actually understand the explanation. Maybe some of this stuff is finally starting to sink in. :idea:
Thank you again ianwood.

Question for ianwood. Just wondering a what if? Yes, I probably have too much free time on my hands, but I had a thought and wanted to ask if you think it would be possible to do? Since the "RD" is not used, could a function be created that would do the following: At lift off, have the Phantom go into a "wide" (relative term) arcing corkscrew motion? Perhaps even turning "RD" in one direction would create a clockwise corkscrew while turning the dial in the opposite direction would have the Phantom climb in a counter clockwise corkscrew pattern. Maybe even have the position of the dial controlling how big the arc would be? With the dial centered there would be no arcing movement, but as the dial was turned in one direction or the other, the arc would be bigger.

I know that I can have the Phantom yaw as it rises, but I'm really thinking more of a controllable, preset "Arc." Might make for a nice cinematic effect. Thoughts?

I have the 14SG but told a friend to get the T8FGS. Now I'm looking on the Futaba site and at online stores and don't find the 8FGS. Is it obsolete or what? It's still in the comparison chart on Futaba site but NOT on the product page. Hmmm? The 14SG is twice the money. Is eBay or used the only option. Will the 8J or other model work with Ian's profile?
Thanks!
Phil in the USA

Anyone flying the S900 with ianwood profile and have added landing gear switch and IOC/POI?

I am also looking for a profile for the s900 with landing gear added and if anyone has any suggestions for a mapping of the gimbal on a single operator s900

Thanks in advance

MacMan said:
ianwood said:
MacMan said:

I believe I actually understand the explanation. Maybe some of this stuff is finally starting to sink in. :idea:
Thank you again ianwood.

Thanks for asking this, I just had the same problem after it worked fine the 1st time.

I never realized it would be so difficult to find a smaller than 2GB SD Card to work in the T8FGS

Hi, Can I use V5 profile for H3-3D with P2? Since H3-2D is ok, but after change to H3-3D have some problem about tlit move.

Thankyou.

wwwpcwww said:
Hi, Can I use V5 profile for H3-3D with P2? Since H3-2D is ok, but after change to H3-3D have some problem about tlit move.

Thankyou.

Yes, it works just fine. This is a commonly asked question which has been answered many times. You need to recalibrate X1. And with this profile, you need to have the switches set properly to do so. Read the first post and you'll see what you need to do.

Hi,

I've been running Brandon's settings on my 14SG and reading about the addition features in Ianwood's settings I figured I would give it a whirl.

I installed v5 and have been testing it on the bench. Everything looks good except I'm unable to start up. I've got all of the switches set forward and have recalibrated the command sticks and have all of them set to normal (Brandon's profile had the E and T values set to reverse). When I push the sticks I see -1000 to 1000 value for each of the channels. All of my trims are set to 0 and the servo endpoints are set to 135, 100, 100, 135 for the first six channels.

Does anyone have an idea what I might be missing?

Thanks,
Lou

Endpoints should be set in the profile as well as reverse/normal so you shouldn't need to change those once you load it. You probably have something reversed on the Phantom Assistant that should be set to normal.

I'd turned off the reversed E & T sticks in the desktop assistant (need for Brandon's settings) AFTER calibrating the sticks. I just calibrated again and it started up! Yay!!

Thanks for your help. I'm going to do a little more testing then bring it to the field and give it a whirl.

Update: It flew great! Many thanks Ian for putting these settings together and sharing them. And many thanks to everyone who has contributed to this fantastic thread. I've learned a lot reading through it.

Ian,

I am using SD+SH on my 14SG to enable Manual Mode, and have enabled Manual Mode in the Assistant for third setting of the flight mode option. I realized I no longer have commanded Failsafe option on SF. Is that because I have not provided a Failsafe option in the Assistant for flight mode? If forced to chose between Failsafe and Manual, I would chose Manual, but I would ideally like to have both. Did I screw up your model somehow, or is it an either/or choice?

Using the stock P2 receiver, not the R7008SB, if that matters.

Thanks,
Kelly

Kelly, you should be able to do both with either the stock receiver or the Futaba one.

Last night I installed the centering throttle kit (what a piece of work!), then attached the phantom to my computer and reran stick calibration. The desktop software is showing a throttle value of -10 when the throttle is at rest so I power cycled the phantom and tried again with the same result.

Adjusting the digital trim doesn't seem to make a difference. I've got a flat spot of my throttle curve (45-55) so when I push the throttle up slowly it moves a little, as expected, before the numbers go up.

Any ideas on what might be causing this and what the solution might be?

I think you might need to run the Futaba stick calibration. ...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart