Setting up the Futaba T8FGS (or 14SG) with the P2

ianwood said:
Yes. Back. Down. Low. Off.
Thanks-just checked and the middle position does nothing, but the up position(3), closet to you, allows you to use the RD for elevator. cool-cruise control...just dial in full forward, and when you want to stop, flip the switch back.

Is there anyone using this profile with a S900?

@ianwood been awhile since I been on the forum. I see there is a version 3.0. I look on page 1 for the changes. Are they list anywhere? Thanks for your hard work on these profiles.

extrememc said:
@ianwood been awhile since I been on the forum. I see there is a version 3.0. I look on page 1 for the changes. Are they list anywhere? Thanks for your hard work on these profiles.

It's actually up to version 5 now.

DesertFlyer53 said:
extrememc said:

So what are the new changes?

extrememc said:
DesertFlyer53 said:
extrememc said:

So what are the new changes?

They are on the first post on the first page (ianwood updates that post for every new version).

My first post here. I'm a 50-year plus vet of RC flying. Remember escapements, Babcock, Kraft, reeds?
A big THANKS! to Ian for everything he's done here. I waded through all 900 plus posts. Whew!
I got a Phantom 2 with Zenmuse and GoPro about five weeks ago and quickly realized the "toy" transmitter was "limiting." The yaw/pan and camera tilt are terrible.
I bought a 14SG about two weeks ago and finally got a FPV monitor mount built for it. Then I made it through the profile loading maze. Grief, could Futaba make this any harder? And I'm on a Mac so Wine saved the day.
I made my first flights with the Futaba three days ago. Wow! It's sooo much better. I'm practicing and learning the finer techniques. The POI circle is intriguing. Man, would that've been cool if I had it when I shot this:
http://cramercreative.smugmug.com/Video ... -hNP2LSF/A
Again, many thanks to Ian and others for pushing this forward. I'm looking forward to the next iteration.
Is there a way for us supplicants to set up a buy-Ian-a-14SG fund?
Phil in Indianapolis

Hey guys I'm hoping someone can help me... feeling a little slow right now....

I am having trouble binding my T8FG to my P2 - that is to say it seems to bind when I follow the normal procedure, but the fast flashing yellows will not go away. weirdly it seems like the right slider does control the gimbal tilt, so I think it has bound successfully, but not sure about the yellows.

Cheers

Using my Futaba T8FGS with the programmed Failsafe switch (SF) on Ianwood's T8FGS profile v5 for Phantom 2, is there a way to cancel out of the failsafe process that the P2 initiates after it kicks in and begins to return? Is it as simple as pushing the SF switch back up (away) and resume flying. Thanks in advance.

Alec said:
Using my Futaba T8FGS with the programmed Failsafe switch (SF) on Ianwood's T8FGS profile v5 for Phantom 2, is there a way to cancel out of the failsafe process that the P2 initiates after it kicks in and begins to return? Is it as simple as pushing the SF switch back up (away) and resume flying. Thanks in advance.

Hey Alec, I am pretty sure whenever you go in to failsafe GHome you just need to alternate between GPS-Atti mode and it cancels the GHome command.

Forced failsafe (via the switch on the Futaba) will go into RTH when switched on and will exit RTH when switched off. Automatic failsafe (via the flight controller) works as normal and requires you switch flight modes to regain control.

Alec said:

just flip switch to atti manual then back to gps and you should have full control again

I have a T10J and have programmed in a similar fashion to Ian's method.

In my case the the Failsafe switched is 'mixed' with the flight mode switch and cannot be overridden or canceled in that way. The designated switch must be turned off to exit the failsafe or RTH command.

I have been in glider land for months, and just now returning to Phantom land. A bit rusty on a few things. I downloaded Ian's v5 profile, and have a few questions for Ian, SJBrit, or anyone else out there who can assist. I have re-read the original post of this thread twice, scrolled through the 14SG menus, and done some test flying. Not wanting to ask stupid questions or questions easily answered by research, I stand before you hat in hand:
1) How the heck does POV work? I played with SE and LD tonight, and **** if I can figure out the calibration, or other inputs to be applied to generate nice circles, and control tangential speed. Simply dialing LD does nothing for me relative to hand-flying POV, which I have become fairly smooth at, especially with goggles on. Appreciate any insight from any Jedi POV pilots out there. I am wondering if programming RD to dial up/down lateral movement, and LD for simply yaw, and hand mix the two for each shot. Once dialed in, I can memorize how many clicks of each get radius, speed, concentricity of interest.
2) Re gimbal tilt, I think the best facility for me would be this: with 3-way in one furthest north position, use RS for 0 to 20 degrees, spreading those 20 degrees over full range of RS. Using servo speed on the 14SG and gain on the H3-3D, I can manage smooth motion with minimal latency. But I *really* want to spread full range of RS over the first 20 degrees from horizontal to looking down a little bit. Then middle position of 3-way would be full 90 degree motion spread across RS full range. Then 3rd position of 3-way would be camera straight down. Often useful in tough landings or aerial photography. Anyone programmed anything like the above?
3) Completely off-topic, but my GPH4 arrives tomorrow, and I've seen mention of a few tips and trips on other threads, including mention by Ian. Would be curious if there is a compendium of GPH4 settings, tips, tricks somewhere that are apropos what we do: smooth aerial vids in varying lighting conditions, with noise and vibration all around us.

Thanks all,
Kelly

Thanks Photomcmillan, Ian and N017RW, I'll give that I try by flipping the Futaba SF switch back to exit out of Failsafe the next time I take my P2 up.

I have spent an hour searching the forum, particularly this thread, and screwing around with my radio, trying to find the way to program SH (the momentary switch in upper right corner) to put P2 in Manual Mode. I had that programmed months ago, but didn't make good notes, and can't remember where I saw the radio programming instructions for doing so. I don't want SD to be capable of putting P2 in Manual Mode, just SH. Help please.

Kelly

Funnily enough Kelly, I was thinking of doing something similar after I scared the poop out of myself this weekend by switching into manual mode instead of tilting the gimbal. Fortunately I was able to recover it quickly.

I only want to use manual in case of an IMU or GPS fly away or if I need to dump altitude quickly. I certainly don't want to inadvertently switch to manual like I did this weekend.

So, I want to make it so you need to put the mode switch in the down position and you need to pull up on the momentary switch to engage manual. That way there's very little risk of entering manual mode by accident.

Ian,

Not sure this is what you are suggesting, but I like the idea of SH being an enabling switch for SD in the lowest position being Manual Mode. For the time being, SD is set to GPS/ATTI/Manual, without protection of SH, and I am nervous about inadvertently finding myself in Manual Mode. However, I decided that is a lower risk than inability to get down from 700m+ as I take high altitude shots of our property. (Note to FAA: in Mexico, not US.)

Kelly

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures