Setting up the Futaba T8FGS (or 14SG) with the P2

Thinksnow said:
Interesting, 2GB SD card sounds so simple... not. Had to order it online, $30 incl shipping.

M

Yikes. Get them on eBay - very cheap. Can also use micro-SD (easier to find).

I believe that's Diamond Head on Oahu in the background at the end. That would explain the accent and shades.

How do I reverse LD-yaw trim?

I have the Yaw Trim set on the left dial, per the latest file....when I turn the knob to the left-that aircraft yaws to the right.
How do I reverse the LD-so that when I turn the dial right, the aircraft yaws slowly to the right?

Re: How do I reverse LD-yaw trim?

havasuphoto said:
I have the Yaw Trim set on the left dial, per the latest file....when I turn the knob to the left-that aircraft yaws to the right.
How do I reverse the LD-so that when I turn the dial right, the aircraft yaws slowly to the right?

That was a lack of testing on my part. You need to reverse the trim under the assignments.

ianwood said:
havasuphoto said:

That was a lack of testing on my part. You need to reverse the trim under the assignments.
OK-help me out here, which menu do you I start with=system, model, link? Can you just give me a quick walk through to find it.
Only thing I was able to do is set the timers-and that took me awhile ;)

havasuphoto said:
OK-help me out here, which menu do you I start with=system, model, link? Can you just give me a quick walk through to find it.

Don't have it in front of me. So purely from memory, I think it is LINK > FUNC, scroll to LD which should be trim for rudder and click it, change the percent from positive to negative. Done. I think.

ianwood said:
havasuphoto said:

Don't have it in front of me. So purely from memory, I think it is LINK > FUNC, scroll to LD which should be trim for rudder and click it, change the percent from positive to negative. Done. I think.
That did it....just had to highlight the +30(or minus-forgot already), and change to negative -30. confirm in servo menu with rudder stick-right is right, and left is left.
Thanks

SJBrit said:
Check this out - poor man's POV how-to and demo:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXAh-xllmQw[/youtube]

I could follow this on this fella's video but does anyone have a quick tutorial on setting this up in the programme mix for a 14SG? I'm a total noob on the 14SG programming - but it seems quite a different process between the two radios.

Thanks

I am looking into a buddy box for my kids to enjoy, slaved off my 14SG. Based on research here and the other forum and Futuba's web site, I am leaning toward this Futaba Trainer Box FM/PPM/2.4GHz

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXTFE1

and whatever cable is needed for that buddy box to talk to the 14SG. Curious if any of you Futabans have:
1) used this setup, and if so, pro's and con's?
2) know of any cheaper setups that still have basic functionality for beginning flyers?
3) know the details of whether program mixes, de-sensitized gains, gimbal tilt, etc. are available on the trainer as they are on the 14SG; if not, how limited is the trainer functionality?
4) any other tips on a good setup for letting my kids enjoy without hurting my wallet beyond the $55 buddy box + $13 cable?

I am also debating whether springing for a real working Futaba radio might make sense, if there are future uses in our household where the 14SG is not the call.

Kelly

I have seen very little on this topic (and forum) regarding RSSI. Ianwood mentioned somewhere he thought the Futaba systems allowed for RSSI, but after an hour plus of online research, the only thing I could find is this interesting work-around:

http://rcexplorer.se/diy/2011/01/lost-packet-indicator/

Other than that, it doesn't seem their is a good RSSI option for Futabans. Anyone know otherwise?

Kelly

If you are willing to do that mod then I'd stop searching for an RSSI solution - packet error rate is a much better indication of link quality for a spread spectrum system.

I'm waiting too see if Brent knows if the Futaba port on the 9x Pro will work as a trainer port with a Futaba radio. My pro is on it's way, but not here yet. That would be a great option if it did work.

Kelly, I thought you had RSSI right out of the box. The 14SG has the FASSTest protocol which support telemetry. As Futaba hasn't sent me a free 14SG yet (what is taking them so long? :D), I don't know. The hack you mentioned would be great but it relies on a different OSD if I read it correctly.

Once the compass fix is done and all the hubbub dies down, I am going back to work on an alternate OSD that has RSSI, GPS lat/lon and some other goodies. I have all the hardware for it already and there are a bunch of Arduino based libraries with different parts of the puzzle. If a 14SG magically appears by then, I can add full telemetry data to the return channel so you can get the data right on the controller.

The 14SG has lots of telemetry options, but RSSI is not one of them, as best I can tell. I have emailed Futaba support just in case I have missed something.

Put me on the list for kick-starting your OSD. RSSI and GPS are obvious holes in iOSD Mini. Maybe you should name yours iwOSD. ;)

Kelly

Ian, thanks for all your work on this project. I've recently upgraded to a Futaba 14SG with your control load and have to say it's a great improvement over the standard DJI RC.

Could you, or someone, please walk me thru further reducing the limits on the SC switch. I can't seem to work it out for myself.

Thanks in advance!

I know it's been a long while since the original posting by Ianwood, but I just applied the settings he supplied to my 8FGS. They work great. The only issue I have is that my camera/gimbal doesn't tilt all the way to straight down. This is important for me. Can anyone guide me thru making the right adjustments on the Futaba to achieve this?

Thanks

MS

Thinksnow said:
I know it's been a long while since the original posting by Ianwood, but I just applied the settings he supplied to my 8FGS. They work great. The only issue I have is that my camera/gimbal doesn't tilt all the way to straight down. This is important for me. Can anyone guide me thru making the right adjustments on the Futaba to achieve this?

Thanks

MS

Might not be the Futaba. Have you calibrated X1 in the Assistant software?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z