Sell NOW or Lose Everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I had a flyaway last week. I calibrated, I flew carefully and the bird just took off on me. This isn't my first loss.

I was a dronefly.com preorder on the original phantom vision. I received a dud, took 4 weeks to get a replacement. That one was a dud, another 4 weeks for replacement. Than after 3 weeks with it, in February she went down after the battery went from 87% to 15% in a heartbeat. I couldn't get it back in time as she was 300m out and it auto descended into a tree branch and fell and smashed almost hitting a guy in the park.

I was than stupid enough to get the plus. I had it with no issue for 2 months, very gently and carefully used. All of a sudden for no reason it drifted off into the horizon on me. I tried to follow it as long as I could. Got in my car, ran red lights as it left the park I was flying. I lost sight of her, did an app gps search it showed the home point.

I'm going to be honest, I cried. I had just lost 2 drones about $2500. I work hard for my money I only earn $14 an hour as a home health aide. Guys please sell. You had fun, don't wait until it crashes or flies away. It's such a bad feeling. Please sell.

Cool story bro, but I will keep mine if its all the same to you.
I have had zero defects or problems partly due to downloading and reading the manual a week before buying the Phantom.

Sorry to hear about your losses and i do feel for you but after around 30+ perfect flights with the fc40 and now near to 60 flawless flights with the PV2+ i will not be selling mine, the first time she does anything untoward i would definitely reconsider if i was lucky enough to get her back. All these flyaway's i hear frighten me but i cannot fault either quad i brought and i'm having so much fun.
UKFlyer

DavesMotorCity said:
...Guys please sell. You had fun, don't wait until it crashes or flies away. It's such a bad feeling. Please sell.

Sorry for your bad experience but its a bit doom and gloom encouaging us all to sellup based on your own experinces, which may or may not be hardware related faults. Bad as it may sound there maybe also be a possibility of pilot error mixed in there somewhere.

I have had flawless flights from my phantoms perspective with a few hand on heart admissions of pilot error, but did not result in flyaways and only one disorrientated backup into a briar bush...a soft landing :)

So please don't lay your bad experiences down in front of the rest of as evidence to ditch what we love. I'm having a ball and may it continue and its most certainly not a fait apccompli

Genuinely I am sorry you feel that way.

This guy has nothing better to do than Troll online forums. I am fairly certain that he is the same guy as the username Mav456. That user got a reputation for being a scam artist and a general idiot that nobody would take him seriously. Looks like he's back under the name Davesmotorcity.

amkorp said:
This guy has nothing better to do than Troll online forums. I am fairly certain that he is the same guy as the username Mav456. That user got a reputation for being a scam artist and a general idiot that nobody would take him seriously. Looks like he's back under the name Davesmotorcity.

maybe he's waiting for a sympathetic soul to send him another P2 FOC??

Sorry you had such trouble. I've had over 200 flights with no issues like this at all, starting with a P2V last December and now (50 flights) with the P2V+. Both still work great and I use them all the time. I don't like your thread title. It's alarmist and frankly, silly.

DavesMotorCity said:
I had a flyaway last week. I calibrated, I flew carefully and the bird just took off on me. This isn't my first loss.

I was a dronefly.com preorder on the original phantom vision. I received a dud, took 4 weeks to get a replacement. That one was a dud, another 4 weeks for replacement. Than after 3 weeks with it, in December she went down after the battery went from 87% to 15% in a heartbeat. I couldn't get it back in time as she was 300m out and it auto descended into a tree branch and fell and smashed almost hitting a guy in the park.

I was than stupid enough to get the plus. I had it with no issue for 2 months, very gently and carefully used. All of a sudden for no reason it drifted off into the horizon on me. I tried to follow it as long as I could. Got in my car, ran red lights as it left the park I was flying. I lost sight of her, did an app gps search it showed the home point.

I'm going to be honest, I cried. I had just lost 2 drones about $2500. I work hard for my money I only earn $14 an hour as a home health aide. Guys please sell. You had fun, don't wait until it crashes or flies away. It's such a bad feeling. Please sell.

So you ran red lights risking other people's lives so you could save your phantom. bravo.

321362382158439961.gif

I can sympathize, as I too, lost a $1500 quad in a flyway,. and still to this day, wonder just where it flew off to and/or landed.
Hopefully you had your contact info on yours and perhaps someone will eventually contact you, I've heard it happens.

This is an expensive hobby, one that runs the risk of seeing your quad fly away or dropping into the sea, so one has to accept such a risk before making such a purchase.

I have since added a GPS tracker to my quad's (tagg.com), so I no longer worry about losing my quad. (and avoid flying over water)

If you're gonny fly 'em you always run the risk you're gonna lose 'em.

Fact of life. It's that simple.

Suck it up, accept it and move on.

tizzl10 said:
So you ran red lights risking other people's lives so you could save your phantom. bravo.

Well, if Dave "IS" from the MotorCity and he was in that city, I certainly understand running red lights. LOL

Also, the "D" is a compass nightmare. I have flown around the old Packard plant and there is so much metal around that, my compass was going bonkers and begging for re-cal. I left instead. Great scenery, horrible environment.

DavesMotorCity said:

I was a dronefly.com preorder on the original phantom vision. I received a dud, took 4 weeks to get a replacement. That one was a dud, another 4 weeks for replacement. Than after 3 weeks with it, in December she went down after the battery went from 87% to 15% in a heartbeat. I couldn't get it back in time as she was 300m out and it auto descended into a tree branch and fell and smashed almost hitting a guy in the park.

So based on this analogy, I should sell my vehicles too?? All around the world there are accidents some due to manufacturing defects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl