Secraft Trays and CrystalSky Monitors at Florida Drone Supply

Reaction score
We have a variety of new accessories over at www.FloridaDroneSupply.com - and Phantom owners may find the following items interesting to check out.

New Items

Secraft Transmitter Trays for Phantom 4 (and 3 Professional), Inspire (1 and 2)
If you have not seen or used a Secraft Transmitter Tray for your remote controller yet, check them out. They make flying very comfortable and use an adjustable 2 point harness that clips onto the left and right sides. Plus they have the option of being set up with dual monitor mounts (requires HDMI out on remote). They start at $89.

CrystalSky Monitors
Yes, they are finally going to be shipping soon. They are available in 3 variations and ranging in size from 5.5" to 7.85". Prices start at $469 and go up to $999 for the largest and brightest version. Pre-orders are being taken now and the first units will begin shipping fairly soon.

The CrystalSky monitor can quickly connect to the Inspire series, Phantom 4 series, Phantom 3 series (Phantom 3 Professional, Phantom 3 Advanced), Matrice series,and Osmo series (except the Osmo Mobile) over Wi-Fi or via a remote controllerUSB port, depending on your specific product.

Thanks for taking a look!

Michael
www.FloridaDroneSupply.com

Attachments

• Secraft Double Mount 2.png
    Secraft Double Mount 2.png
    140.4 KB · Views: 799
  • CrystalSky.png
    CrystalSky.png
    321.5 KB · Views: 580
What's the purpose of the dual display setup pictured here? Does the CrystalSky just act as secondary display for video feed only or can it mirror the iPad's screen and retain touch input?

I'd love to have the ability to use third party apps like Autopilot through the CrystalSky monitor but it'll be a little hard to justify this setup if it's just for video feed. I can only imagine how the CrystalSky monitor's brightness will make seeing the iPad's display even more difficult being right next to it.

What's the purpose of the dual display setup pictured here? Does the CrystalSky just act as secondary display for video feed only or can it mirror the iPad's screen and retain touch input?

I'd love to have the ability to use third party apps like Autopilot through the CrystalSky monitor but it'll be a little hard to justify this setup if it's just for video feed. I can only imagine how the CrystalSky monitor's brightness will make seeing the iPad's display even more difficult being right next to it.

The dual display gets used much more often on copters like the Inspire where the camera rotates separately from the copter. With an Inspire 2 you can have one monitor on the FPY camera and another on the actual camera feed.

For the phantom it would either act as the primary display (you only need one screen) that is super bright and viewable in direct sunlight (lets us replace our iPad, tablet or mobile phone) - OR - if you had your mobile phone on one side and the monitor on the other (this would require an HDMI port) you could use the phone for settings and the monitor for a larger camera feed.

Realistically, I think the double tray is overkill unless in addition to a phantom someone also has (or flies from someone else) a dual operator system. These trays hold the remote controllers for newer phantoms, all inspires, matrice 100, matrice 600, etc (so the pictures are fairly universal).

The nice thing about the tray is simply how comfortable it makes flying - regardless of if you use 1 monitor or 2. It just so happens that there are not a lot of off the shelf dual monitor set ups out there to choose from.

Thanks for checking it out! If you have any other questions about anything just let me know.

Michael
www.FloridaDroneSupply.com

Reactions: SanCap
This (unfortunately) has been a bit of a moving target as DJI seemed to put a push on the DJI Goggles first. The monitors got pushed back to mid June for the smaller one and later in June for both larger sizes. The only good news is that there is now a promotional price on them which has lowered the cost of the 2 larger sizes. New lower prices are here: DJI CrystalSky Monitor

And anyone that pre-ordered at the original price will receive a credit for the difference.

Thanks!

I would love to get one of these monitors, but my question is can I also use this as a monitor on another video camera for instance via hdmi? then it would be worth the cost. John

I would love to get one of these monitors, but my question is can I also use this as a monitor on another video camera for instance via hdmi? then it would be worth the cost. John
We were all hoping for the ability to also use these monitors with ground cameras through an HDMI input, but it appears that it is not going to be possible. There is not an HDMI input on the monitor - only an HDMI output. The USB-C input that is used by the monitor to connect to the remote controller could possibly be made to accept an HDMI input with the proper cable at some point, but this is only speculation by a number of people on different forums. Nothing has been said officially by DJI on this topic. So for now I would say its safest to not count on the ability to use the monitor for anything beyond DJI remote controllers - and if they allow it to happen in the future we will all be happy.

I wish the news was better - but it certainly does solve a very real problem of trying to see your mobile device when you are outside in bight sunlight.

We were told they are able to ship to the dealers (finally) for distribution. If you decide to make an order we would love to send you one.

DJI CrystalSky Monitor

Thanks!

Michael
www.floridadronesupply.com
(855) 8-DRONES

Reactions: SanCap
We were all hoping for the ability to also use these monitors with ground cameras through an HDMI input, but it appears that it is not going to be possible. There is not an HDMI input on the monitor - only an HDMI output. The USB-C input that is used by the monitor to connect to the remote controller could possibly be made to accept an HDMI input with the proper cable at some point, but this is only speculation by a number of people on different forums. Nothing has been said officially by DJI on this topic. So for now I would say its safest to not count on the ability to use the monitor for anything beyond DJI remote controllers - and if they allow it to happen in the future we will all be happy.

I wish the news was better - but it certainly does solve a very real problem of trying to see your mobile device when you are outside in bight sunlight.

We were told they are able to ship to the dealers (finally) for distribution. If you decide to make an order we would love to send you one.

DJI CrystalSky Monitor

Thanks!

Michael
www.floridadronesupply.com
(855) 8-DRONES

Did they mention which monitors are being shipped first?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan