Seattle Pilots

johnnyd said:
I am a new pilot in Enumclaw. SE of Seattle about 35 miles.
yeah your way out here lol, although we do go camping in Cle Elum area so im sure your familiar with that place I assume? As soon as we get some warmer weather, we might be heading out there to camp. Unless you plan on coming in the city anytime soon? ive got some pretty cool shots out of seattle skylines and the snoqualmie falls, we are definitely blessed with sceneraries here in the northwest which are perfect for these little magical drones lol

I have a new Phantom 2, just purchased several weeks ago. Looking for others in the area hopefully with more experience than me.

Live in the Carnation area…15 minutes from Snoqualmie Falls. Been flying for several months off and on. Previous quad is a Blade 350 qx.

Hope to get into FPV and other advanced features at some point.

Mothership said:
I have a new Phantom 2, just purchased several weeks ago. Looking for others in the area hopefully with more experience than me.

Live in the Carnation area…15 minutes from Snoqualmie Falls. Been flying for several months off and on. Previous quad is a Blade 350 qx.

good to hear, ive recently started flying in fvp with my phantom 1. Great addition if your planning on aerial photography or video. I recently got a couple ov videos from snoqualmie falls last week, from the trail down below. Wish i could afford to send my craft to liquepel "waterproofing" so i could close to the falls as poissble without getting too much water damage from the mist and spray

Northwest_Scene said:
Mothership said:

good to hear, ive recently started flying in fvp with my phantom 1. Great addition if your planning on aerial photography or video. I recently got a couple ov videos from snoqualmie falls last week, from the trail down below. Wish i could afford to send my craft to liquepel "waterproofing" so i could close to the falls as poissble without getting too much water damage from the mist and spray

Did you launch at the base of the falls...or from the top? If you launched from below, did you get gps lock? I would love to launch from below but am wary that I would not get a good gps lock. After re-reading your post you say you launched from below.

Once we get through this wet weather and some snow melt Snoqualmie falls in August (mid July) should be at minimal flow. This will be a great time for video.

Mothership said:
Northwest_Scene said:
Mothership said:

Did you launch at the base of the falls...or from the top? If you launched from below, did you get gps lock? I would love to launch from below but am wary that I would not get a good gps lock. After re-reading your post you say you launched from below.

Once we get through this wet weather and some snow melt Snoqualmie falls in August (mid July) should be at minimal flow. This will be a great time for video.

yeah i caught some sun time two weeks ago and took advantage of it; GPS LOCKED in with no problem...I normally give the phantom about 30 sec above 30-50ft where i can monitor led signals before heading out farther....Self assurance for no fly aways etc, and I do compass calibration for each location that I shoot at. Im now currently mapping out a trip to oregon side, particularly Astoria to get video, still unsure weather I should go this weekend or not, weary of this weather still.
check out the quick vid on snoqualmie
http://youtu.be/tyu_IO6k7iE

Great to connect! I split time between Bellevue and Idaho - I've done a lot with my Phantom while in Idaho, but don't use it very much when in Bellevue. As much as I'd like to, I don't like to attract attention and people asking me questions. The most common first statement has been, "That's a drone - you spy on people in their backyard!"

I'm a new pilot to the area. I just did some flights over downtown Bellevue and Mercer island today.
We should meet up and do some flying together.
ron AT Ventura.nu

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

golgotha said:
I'm a new pilot to the area. I just did some flights over downtown Bellevue and Mercer island today.
ron AT Ventura.nu

Where in Bellevue? By the park? I've wanted to get photos of some construction sites (I have a page that has followed some of the downtown construction projects for the past 10 years). But, I haven't really flown "in public" vs out in the middle of nowhere! Did you pull in a crowd?

Jay_Z said:
Great to connect! I split time between Bellevue and Idaho - I've done a lot with my Phantom while in Idaho, but don't use it very much when in Bellevue. As much as I'd like to, I don't like to attract attention and people asking me questions. The most common first statement has been, "That's a drone - you spy on people in their backyard!"

lol havent heard that question yet and im sure im bound to one war or another, but my come back would be sarcasm to the full extent. Unfortunately I wont have my drone back till june 2nd, currently being looked at by DJI Support because i experienced a fly away a couple of weeks ago.

Jay_Z said:
golgotha said:
ron AT Ventura.nu

Where in Bellevue? By the park? I've wanted to get photos of some construction sites (I have a page that has followed some of the downtown construction projects for the past 10 years). But, I haven't really flown "in public" vs out in the middle of nowhere! Did you pull in a crowd?

Yes, I flew at the park near JC Penny. I've noticed that people don't talk to me while I'm sitting there wearing goggles. Although there has been a few times where I've noticed a group of folks just watching me like I'm a freak.

Seattle Phantom [2] Pilot here! just recently got mine and been flying everyday for at least an hour. getting use to the controls and the behavior of the phantom. I usually practice in an open field park and more later close to sunset so people don't bother me. But i just get ooo's and awwws when someone does see me fly the phantom. I haven't attached my gopro yet as i wanted to get comfortable of flying first. I ordered my FPV set up so should be here next week. let me know if you guy's want to meet up!

New P2V+ owner. I've only flown near my house in Brier, but it would be cool to meet up with some other members for a flight day. What are some good spots?

I just moved up to Seattle/Bellevue area, and got my new phantom 3 at the new Drones Plus store in downtown Bellevue! Now I don't have to wait a week to get my parts and when I want new equipment I can preorder it to make sure that I get it first. This is definitely my one stop shopping place for all things drone related. You got to check them out! They even have the brand-new phantom 3!!! Go see for yourself!

I just moved up to Seattle/Bellevue area, and got my new phantom 3 at the new Drones Plus store in downtown Bellevue! Now I don't have to wait a week to get my parts and when I want new equipment I can preorder it to make sure that I get it first. This is definitely my one stop shopping place for all things drone related. You got to check them out! They even have the brand-new phantom 3!!! Go see for yourself!
Do you sell any drones besides the DJI line? Didn't realize this store had opened here!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl