Seattle Pilots

Where are you located, Sam? Which of the three spots would be closest? They are all equidistant from me. One PM Sunday?

Where are you located, Sam? Which of the three spots would be closest? They are all equidistant from me. One PM Sunday?
that spot above the rail yard looks good, and then just around the corner below legion park, have wanted to fly sunset there for awhile. I fly the old mill pond (Borst lake in snoqualmie) and the farm road bridge looks like a nice fly spot near to that.

2016 International Drone Day - SEATTLE needs your help.

Hi, I am Phil. I work closely with InFlight Imaging and Volair Media and we are producing the Seattle's International Drone Day, May 7th 10-3p @ Marymoor Park in Redmond, Wa.
Security Check Required

We will be putting on Drone Races by Team Ecko, Autel Robotic Demonstrations and flight lessons, and SAR (Search and Rescue) demonstration.
We encourage you to come out and help the public attendance see UAVs in a positive light.

We need your help. Our DJI Zenmuse XT for the Inspire1 is damaged and we need an alternate FLIR camera for demo. The demo is at 12:00-1:00p. Practice and rehearsals are from 7a-10a. I need a pilot with their FLIR or just the FLIR. We can pay $100 for your time or rental.

If anyone having access to a FLIR for Inspire1 or Phantom series in the Seattle Area, please PM me or contact me on InFlight Imaging | "It's your story; We'll tell it in stunning 4K Cinematography" immediately.

Regards,
Phil

Hey guys, I'm currently stationed in Astoria, OR but I come down up to Renton every weekend since that is where my wife and I have a house! I've been looking for cool places to fly with my Phantom 3 4K but I haven't really found any places around Seattle. I was wondering if you guys have any advice on where to fly?! Thanks in advance! Heres a video I took over by Gas Works Park

Hey guys, not sure if this post is still alive. I just got my Phantom 3 and i live in downtown seattle but it's been quite hard to find a place to fly the drone. I want to fly it in downtown, cap hill, gasworks park, south lake union, waterfront, kerry park. But looks like all those areas requires permission... Have you guys flown the drone there? could i get a fine if i do?

Hey guys, not sure if this post is still alive. I just got my Phantom 3 and i live in downtown seattle but it's been quite hard to find a place to fly the drone. I want to fly it in downtown, cap hill, gasworks park, south lake union, waterfront, kerry park. But looks like all those areas requires permission... Have you guys flown the drone there? could i get a fine if i do?

are you flying as a hobby or as a Part 107 pilot?

Seattle city has an ordinance that says no drone flying in their parks. What does that mean? We don't really know. Does that mean i can not stand in the park and control the UAV? or does it mean i can't be 5 feet off the ground? or 100 ft.? The airspace is controlled by the FAA not the city of Seattle. So this hasn't been addressed yet.

Are you sure? Can you share a link to the ordinance? I have seen a lot of folks flying in the parks. Infact a website hivemapper released a blog post of great spots to fly a drone in seattle and it includes a bunch of parks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm flying out to Seattle in May to attend a conference at the convention center. Would it be worth it to bring my P3S with me and trying to fly at Waterfront Park?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik