Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

SD MicroCard Fit

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by MapMaker53, Oct 14, 2014.

1. MapMaker53

Does anyone else have trouble fitting the microcard into the camera slot? It likes to sit crooked in the slot and takes me some struggling to seat it properly. Seems a little wonky.

2. 4wd

4wd

I know what you mean but I think they are all like that in any device.
    I know my Drift Ghost feels very similar and more than once I nearly lost it.

3. job2310

Push harder!

4. justin00

I take her out after most flights (30+ times). Never had an issue heh.. you sure the SD card is 100% standard ?
    Assuming sdcard is the right way around should go in with no trouble at all.. I use my finger nail to push in / out.

5. Mopar Bob

I also do not have any issues and I remove it after every flight. You may have a defective card or slot if it is a trouble inserting.

6. MapMaker53

Okay, so since July, my MicroSD card would only go into the slot half way - even pushing hard on it. Yes, it was oriented correctly. Didn't seem right, but images were being recorded and I had taken the card in and out quite a lot of times with the same half way issue. Figured that's just the way it is. Well, just after I posted this, the card finally fit into the slot perfectly and with no effort at all. It actually slipped in all the way with the spring-load action. I'm not sure what had been blocking it, but now it seems to be working correctly. Weird.

7. DrJohn40

I am having the same problem. I've been afraid to push to hard for fear it might end up breaking and get stuck in there. I've used these cards for other apps, have put them into adapters and always worked fine. But even when you couldn't get it in properly, you were still able to get pictures and video? Maybe, I'll try that.

8. happydays

No, mine clicks in and out with no issues. On both V+ and P2V.

9. msinger

Approved Vendor

10. BlackTracer

Mine works perfectly and always has. I use my fingernail and sooooo gently and slowly push it in until it clicks. It seats in there virtually flush with the casing. Likewise for removing it. I press on it with my fingernail ever so gently until it clicks then release and it pops out a little and then I remove it.

11. DrJohn40

Thanks for your response. FYI, I bought my firstPV+V3a from Amazon. The seller was Kellards (authorized, but I discovered basically a camera place). The first one had a damaged ribbon cable and I returned to Amazon. The second one has this problem along with some other issues, so this time Amazon has me returning directly to Kellards. As soon as I get my card credited, I will got to one of the listed places that is primarily a drone shop and can give me better service. Hopefully, the third time is the charm. Do appreciate the help and suggestions.

12. dalebb

I had a problem with the first one that I crashed. I always had a hard time putting the chip in, then one day I totaly missed and it went up inside the base unit. I got it out after the crash when I took apart the camera to see if I could fix it.

13. DrJohn40

This can turn into an expensive hobby. :). Hopefully by next week I'll have a refund and I'll buy from a copter shop highly recommended by another member. Thanks for sharing your experience.