SD Card issues

Reaction score
P3s got for xmas, did firmware upgrade and It flies great but the only card that works in it is the 8GB SD that came with it?

Tried a few different cards and same error. Wont even let me format them in the drone. Just says card error.

Ideas?
Micro SD.jpg

Sorry if you already tried this, but format the cards on your computer first. I've ran into this issue before. When a format is done on a card it writes a bit of code essentially reseting/updating the firmware, even tho its not firmware at all. If you tried it on a PC with windows already, do it on a mac or with Linux or Android OS.

Off the wall guess but make sure that they aren't locked (write protected)

Okay, saw this and thought not formatting at all.

So neither of the 32GB cards will format on the PC or Chromebook? Might be worth a trip to walmart to buy a new one, and test it in the store, and if it doesn't work then you know its your camera SD card reader. I thought the 1.6 update fixed SD card issues. Maybe try re-flashing firmware on the P3A if you still can't get a newer card to work.

So neither of the 32GB cards will format on the PC or Chromebook? Might be worth a trip to walmart to buy a new one, and test it in the store, and if it doesn't work then you know its your camera SD card reader. I thought the 1.6 update fixed SD card issues. Maybe try re-flashing firmware on the P3A if you still can't get a newer card to work.

Yea they all format fine on computer. Neither 32 can be formatted or read on the DJ1.

did you try formatting NTFS instead of FAT32?

Try copying the folders off the card that works then paste it on to one of the other cards and see if its recognised

did you do a quick or full format? I'm sure you need to select full format for it to work off a pc

Thanks for all the ideas. I'll report back when I get a chance to try these ideas tmw.

PS quick question. Do you have to do firm where up grade to each new battery? Got 2nd battery and it asked for firmware upgrade.

Yes

Reactions: IcantDo55
Formatted fat32 (full format) and NTFS still SD error when installed in camera.

If I try installing it in drone I get "Invalid SD card" in top right of camera screen. If I try to format in camera I get "SD card formatting failed"

The working 8GB card it came with has no files to copy onto new card as someone suggested.

Help

The phantom only support ExFAT and FAT32 formats. Due to the limitations of FAT32, I would recommend using ExFAT.

What card are you having trouble with?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl