SD Card issues

Not all the cards work. Buy either Sony SR64UY2A/TQ or Samsung Evo+ MB-MC64DA/AM, which work fine in my P3S. I bought the Sandisk Ultra and Silicon Power cards but had to return them since they did not work.

Reactions: MeiklesAndDimes
32gb is the limit for FAT32 so I would make sure to format ExFAT.

If that still doesn't work, you will have to try a totally different card. As mandalay said try the Sony or the Samsung. I have the Sony and it works perfectly.

32gb is the limit for FAT32 so I would make sure to format ExFAT.

If that still doesn't work, you will have to try a totally different card. As mandalay said try the Sony or the Samsung. I have the Sony and it works perfectly.
Not true, max volume size with fat 32 is 2TB. There is a 4gb max file size limitation though, exfat doesn't have this.

Yes, I have seen larger formatted FAT32 drives. But, for windows operating systems the limit is 32GB. Regardless of that, FAT32 is old and ExFAT has huge advantages over FAT32.
The microsoft limit only applied to windows 2000 to my knowledge. Fat32 will work fine (having regard to the fact max file size is 4gig and long videos files will be split).

Got the recommended Sony 64gb from Amazon in today and works fine. Guess it just does not like the other cards.

Strange indeed, I have the 64GB PNY Turbo U-3 version of the 32GB card you tried and it works in my P3A. It's my default card currently for flight recording. I also tried my Samsung 64GB PRO+ card and confirmed it works on the P3A as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj